Moonlight Basin Security Officer in Big Sky, Montana
Moonlight Basin (https://moonlightbasin.easyapply.co) Big Sky, Mt
There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
Position Summary :
The security officer will perform the daily tasks of the security team to ensure a safe and secure environment. The security team works with all departments on a regular basis to assist in a multitude of duties and requests. The highest level of professionalism and integrity is expected at all times.
· Conduct interior and exterior patrols throughout the property to include the lodge, clubhouse, golf course and facilities, checking for unsecured doors and rooms, trespassers, unauthorized persons in restricted areas and safety hazards.
· Respond to all guest and Associate calls while on patrol, making emergencies a top priority.
· Maintain the security office, patrol vehicle and oversee 8,000 acres of amenities.
· Draft incident reports and ensure all documents and emergency equipment are all current and up to date.
· Ensure all officer's daily shift logs and shift pass-down logs are complete.
· Answer phones and dispatch calls.
· Conduct security office duties in a timely manner.
· Perform associate safety training and report/resolve safety hazards throughout the property on a daily basis.
· Respond to, communicate, follow up, and provide updates on all incidents as they occur.
· Have full knowledge of the property’s activities/events each shift and provide a professional security presence while focusing on customer service.
· Receive and communicate all information pertaining to your shift from the daily briefings.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· Minimum of one or two years’ experience in customer service required.
· Experience in security, law enforcement or military background preferred.
· CPR/First Aid certificate required upon hire.
· Current driver’s license is required
· Position requires walking, driving and moving most of the working day.
· Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the property on a timely basis.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill multiple tasks.
· Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.