Moonlight Basin Server (Winter 20-21) in Big Sky, Montana
Server (Winter 20-21)
Moonlight BasinBig Sky, MT
There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
This position will provide the highest quality of service to our guests.
· Serve food & beverage orders in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
· Take food and beverage orders using suggestive selling techniques. Have complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
· Clear tables during service.
· Control guest checks and secure proper payment.
· Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
· Provide exceptional service.
Must have two years Food & Beverage experience, preferably with 6 months experience in a high-end resort/ hospitality environment.
Be able to communicate clearly and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
Basic knowledge of food presentation, preparation and handling.
Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
Must comply with Moonlight Basin's Dress and Grooming policies.
Hours of Work
Must be available to work the full winter (December-April) or summer season (June-September)
Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Must be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area.
· Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to carry and balance dishware and glassware in the course of service.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.