Billings Clinic Flight Nurse in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence- based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence-based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes evidence-based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient's families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Expiration Date: 05/15/2022
UN-CHECK Post to the US National Labor Exchange network ($25)