Billings Clinic IT Project Manager in Billings / Billings, Montana
Job Description: The Billings Clinic IT Project Management Office (PMO) and the IT Project Managers play central roles in much of the activity within the Information Technology department. Managing IT projects from concept through deployment with coordination and leadership in many operational activities such as services, implementations, strategy and that are part of our agile development methodology. The IT Project Manager is a versatile role at Billings Clinic that designs and supports intelligent processes and technology to empower talented people to transform healthcare. This position leads the project team, product owners and the business stakeholders within the framework of approved PMO projects to create Information Technology solutions in support of Billings Clinic IT strategies. The IT Project Manager works with the portfolio owners in the PMO IT Committee department to fulfill business analysis functions including the gathering and documentation of business requirement s, user stories and develop user mockups and designs. This position also performs the development and implementation of system documentation and system training for staff.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide technical project management to various Billings Clinic's business areas, managing the entire lifecycle of the project from business case development to design, build, QA and deployment.
• Manage technology projects within project budget, scope, and timelines while adhering to the business and technical requirements. Also responsible for the ultimate quality of the technical solution along with the rest of the project team.
• Work within the Billings Clinic (PMO) structure to deliver against a prioritized project portfolio. Effective and timely communication to project team members, peers, stakeholders and management on project status, accomplishments, tasks, issues and risks to the project.
• In rotation with other IT Project Managers, coordinate operational activities within the IT department associated with Billings Clinic's agile development methodology.
• Act as primary liaison with external consultants and external service prov iders when needed within the context of a project, including contract negotiations, invoice review and approval and coordination of all meetings, status updates, discussions of project risks, etc.
• Develop processes, procedures & documentation to be used by staff for information & technology developed within IT projects at Billings Clinic.
• Provide feedback and insight on the Billings Clinic PMO methodology to form a continuous improvement feedback loop to ensure that Billings Clinic is adapting its processes, procedures and structure to be as effective as possible.
• Work with Portfolio Owners to perform business analyst functions such as develop user needs, requirements gathering, and create workflow diagrams while managing technology projects.
• Occasionally provide project management services to Billings Clinic business stakeholders who have project needs that do not involve Information Technology.
• Occasionally assist with QA and testi ng efforts as needed.