Kelly Services Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable in Billings, Montana
Direct Hire opportunity!
Kelly Services is hiring an Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Associate for our premier client in Billings, MT! This is a direct hire opportunity, so you will be an employee of our client on day one with these benefits available:
-401K with up to 4% company match
-2 weeks of PTO
Schedule: M - F 8AM - 5PM
Pay rate: $17 - $21 + per hour DOE
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform accurate data entry in an efficient and effective manner to ensure invoices from our supporting vendors and suppliers are recorded properly and proper payments are issued and ensure proper invoicing to our customers and collection of payments thereof for internal and external financial reporting purposes.
In this role you will:
• Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to HEPI policies and statutory regulations and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
• Ensure adherence to the global system of Accounting policies and accurately and efficiently post transaction information to journals, ledgers, and other records.
• Accurately and efficiently prepare invoices. Review and correct vendor invoice errors, timely, if necessary.
• Code transactions to proper GL codes.
• Review report of purchase orders received without invoices frequently to ensure timely payment to suppliers and vendors.
• Prepare weekly payment registers as well as prepare supporting documents for electronic transfer payments and/or wire transfers.
• Review landed freight costs for reasonableness as well as inclusion into the manufactured cost of goods where applicable.
• Follow established procedures for processing payment receipts for multiple entities.
• Monitor customer account activity for aging invoices. Follow and perform company’s collection process including, but not limited to, making collection calls.
• Process credit card payments through web-site portal, if necessary.
• Prepare and send monthly customer statements.
• Effectively communicate with vendors, suppliers, customers, as well as internal co-workers, via phone, email, or mail.
• Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable accounts.
• Establish, maintain, and administer vendor and customer master file accounts according to company’s policy.
• Assist with month-end closing to include reconciling intercompany transactions, maintaining schedules of intercompany purchases, etc.
• Perform duties and responsibilities in an efficient and organized manner, ensuring filing of information, electronically or in hard copy form, is complete.
• Assist accounting department in the preparation of accounting information required for external audits.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 2-year Accounting program graduate preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of recent accounts payable/receivable experience.
• Microsoft Office skills- Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and accounting software
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees, management and build rapport with internal and external customers.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Working knowledge of ERP System
• Familiarity with manufacturing or remanufacturing environment highly desirable.
• Good understanding of US sales tax uses as well as Canadian GST and PST.
If you are interested, apply today!
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.