Montana State University Billings Administrative Associate Advising Center and Registrar in Billings, Montana
The Advising office assists students in understanding academic requirements, enabling them to complete their program requirements as efficiently as possible. Through one-on-one meetings and First Year Seminar courses, we help students develop the skills necessary to be successful. We provide career counseling and help students access part-time jobs, internships, and work-study opportunities while they are in school, and help them secure full time employment upon graduation.
The Registrar’s office assists students through the following functions: registration, records, and commencement. This office is responsible for maintaining current and accurate information on every student who applies and attends. In turn, this office provides services and information to students, faculty, administration, and the community as requested.
The Administrative Associate is the front-line receptionist and performs administrative, technical, and complex clerical work support for Advising Center and the Registrar’s office, as well as assisting faculty, staff, students, employers, and the general public in understanding University policies and procedures and the processes involved in student record maintenance, student advising, transcript evaluations, internship processes, career services, and file transfer processes. This position will manage transcripts, coordinate the AP and CLEP process, gather data and execute reports, and perform budgeting for the Advising Center. This position provides accurate and helpful information to current and potential students, employers, and the public and acts as a liaison between students and staff of both offices
Required Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• High school diploma or equivalent and at least two (2) years of clerical or administrative support experience (clerical experience to include: interactive customer services, receiving and handling guests via phone and in person, use of various computer programs for documents and reports, managing filing systems, organizational skills to prioritize tasks, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Good public relations skills (overall customer service and telephone based) and the ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, other departments/agencies, and the general public
• Ability to gather and analyze data, evaluate solutions and alternatives to determine and effectively provide final recommendations
• Ability to exercise independent judgment when the occasion arises regarding programmatic processes and policies
• Experience in organizing and prioritizing simultaneous work assignments to meet deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Must have ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information as well as represent the department and the University with a high level of professionalism
• Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Experience in the field of Higher Education
• Working knowledge of computerized student record information system (Ellucian Banner)