CBRE Application Developer in Billings, Montana
Areas of Interest
Digital & Technology/Information Technology
Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America
The Application Developer is a full-time role developing, coding, and testing programs to meet client needs. The Application Developer will actively participate in envisioning/requirements gathering, solution design, implementation, QA/testing, and post-go-live support.
This position involves end-to-end solution development and implementation of technical projects, where exemplary customer service, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize are keys to success. The nature of the position also requires an ability to communicate clearly at various levels, both externally and internally, while being eager to learn new technologies in a leading-edge technology environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Collaborate with Support Administrators to resolve technical support challenges experienced by the customers
· Aids in the design and development of applications to fulfill the needs of customers through the following:
o Understands technical and functional design requirements; maintain existing documentation based on changes
o Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations and identifies system deficiencies, and recommends solutions
o Assists in physical and logical database design
o Selects among authorized procedures and seeks assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise
o Designs and codes technical solutions; applies knowledge around testing and validation methodology
o Extract and store re-usable code during closeout phase using source control tools
o Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed
· Is open to learning and expanding individual skills and shares knowledge with co-workers
· Works in collaboration with clients to collect, update, and maintain system information
· Project assignment varies considerably by project and as a general responsibility, the Solutions Engineer is performing code writing, configuration, solution development, QA/Testing on technical projects, and may include being assigned as the technical lead on projects which includes assigning project tasks to other members of the team, leading & conducting QA/code reviews, and/or providing guidance to project team members
· Attend client meetings (onsite or remote) to assist in the communication of design, technical solutions, risks, and issues. Participate & assist in client presentations when appropriate
· Take ownership of assigned/escalated support requests, providing technical solutions, troubleshooting, guidance to ensure resolution is obtained
· Review and identify risk(s) throughout project and communicate risk(s) to Sr Solutions Engineer and/or Project Manager. Escalate and collaborate with internal department leadership to address difficult unresolved technical issues. Assist with mitigation if applicable
· Monitor your project deliverables throughout engagement and communicate regularly with Sr Solutions Engineer and/or Project Manager to ensure time/effort match plan and communicate anticipated deviations immediately
· With support, acquire and maintain relevant certifications, training, skill development relevant to primary service focus and maintain knowledge of current or emerging technologies within primary field or service area.
· Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to meet business needs could include supporting our sales team in securing new projects through technical project estimation, client demos, client training, and other technical-related subject matter-expertise areas in which your knowledge can be used to assist a client
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Other Skills and Abilities
· Preferred: REDUX, familiarity with relational databases (SQL)
· Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
· Ability to implement, test, and troubleshoot system software
· Knowledge of process flow charts and programming logic diagrams
· Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocols
· Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions
· Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of applications and systems
· Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications
· Ability to determine the nature of computer hardware and systems software problems, and to communicate technical guidance and information to end-users
· Ability to learn and support new hardware, software, and operating systems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work or equivalent work experience. Requires technical knowledge, training and understanding of the job's requirements. Typically possesses 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis. Estimates time against defined programming tasks.
Ability to research, comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents accurately. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
*Colorado Residents: CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the position is $100,000 annually and the maximum salary for the position is $120,000 annually The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)