Billings Clinic Appointment Representative- Cardiology (.01) in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Appointment Representative- Cardiology (.01)
CARDIOLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Schedule: Day, M-F
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15 - $16.30
Incumbents in this position are responsible for answering all incoming phone calls to the Central Appointment Desk (CAD) for scheduling appointments and diagnostic procedures, as well as pre- registration of new patients and patients seen in outreach clinics.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Promptly and courteously answers CAD telephone calls, coordinating the scheduling of patient appointments in a manner that meets the patients needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• Accesses on-line physician/provider scheduling protocols for each appointment scheduled to ensure scheduling accuracy.
• Schedules and enters orders for ancillary services via the order communication system. Instructs patients on specific preparations and/or restrictions necessary to prepare for ancillary procedures.
• Accesses any resources necessary to assist in meeting the needs of the caller (e.g. Level II scheduling staff, nursing staff, HealthLine, leadership, Red Flag Chief Complaint List, etc.).
• Verifies basic demographic information when scheduling; pre-registers all new patients and fully registers all outreach clinic patients.
• Informs patients of any financial/insurance obligations they may expect at the time of their appointment.
• Performs clerical duties to include filing, mailing patient appointment reminders, faxing outreach schedules, and completing ancillary service orders.
• Creates edits and maintains master templates for physician, hospital and clinic ancillary appointment types and scheduling protocols as requested by physicians and in accordance with access initiatives. Communicates changes in protocols to appropriate personnel.
• Reschedules patients whose appointments are affected by a change in physician schedule. Communicates BILLINGS CLINIC apologies for any inconvenience to the patient and strives to reschedule in such a way that meets the patients need.
• Provides educational opportunities to physicians, nursing and administration allowing for the creation of a schedule template which will positively affect the physician in achieving productivity needs, patient satisfaction and reduce the need to revise schedules.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Billings Clinic physicians and specialties
• Medical terminology
• Customer service and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Scheduling protocols
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Basic typing at 45 WPM
• Basic ten key
• Analytical skills to solve simple to semi-complex problems
• Organization, prioritization, and time management
• Conflict resolution
• Interviewing patients to accurately determine needs
• Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Operate required office machines
• Concentrate and pay close attention to detail and work independently
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Maintain composure in a position that has considerable deadlines, customer contact, and high volume
• Be flexible to facilitate change
• Scheduling errors can result in loss of productivity, revenue and patient satisfaction issues
• Registration errors can result in incorrect identification of the patient, guarantor and financial information necessary to facilitate billing and collection procedures resulting in loss of reimbursement and patient satisfaction issues
• Position requires highest degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information handled; failure to maintain patient confidentiality could result in legal action and patient satisfaction issues.
- High School or GED
- Prefer one year of office experience related to above tasks
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.