Billings Clinic Appointment Representative Cardiology (per diem) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Appointment Representative Cardiology (per diem)
CARDIOLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 15.00 - 16.50
Incumbents in this position are responsible for answering all incoming phone calls to the Central Appointment Desk (CAD) for scheduling appointments and diagnostic procedures, as well as pre- registration of new patients and patients seen in outreach clinics.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Promptly and courteously answers CAD telephone calls, coordinating the scheduling of patient appointments in a manner that meets the patients needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• Accesses on-line physician/provider scheduling protocols for each appointment scheduled to ensure scheduling accuracy.
• Schedules and enters orders for ancillary services via the order communication system. Instructs patients on specific preparations and/or restrictions necessary to prepare for ancillary procedures.
• Accesses any resources necessary to assist in meeting the needs of the caller (e.g. Level II scheduling staff, nursing staff, HealthLine, leadership, Red Flag Chief Complaint List, etc.).
• Verifies basic demographic information when scheduling; pre-registers all new patients and fully registers all outreach clinic patients.
• Informs patients of any financial/insurance obligations they may expect at the time of their appointment.
• Performs clerical duties to include filing, mailing patient appointment reminders, faxing outreach schedules, and completing ancillary service orders.
• Creates edits and maintains master templates for physician, hospital and clinic ancillary appointment types and scheduling protocols as requested by physicians and in accordance with access initiatives. Communicates changes in protocols to appropriate personnel.
• Reschedules patients whose appointments are affected by a change in physician schedule. Communicates BILLINGS CLINIC apologies for any inconvenience to the patient and strives to reschedule in such a way that meets the patients need.
• Provides educational opportunities to physicians, nursing and administration allowing for the creation of a schedule template which will positively affect the physician in achieving productivity needs, patient satisfaction and reduce the need to revise schedules.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• High School or GED
• Prefer one year of office experience related to above tasks
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.