Billings Clinic Appointment Representative in Billings, Montana
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Wage DOE: 12.18 - 14.61
Responsible for answering all incoming phone calls to the Central Appointment Desk (CAD) for scheduling appointments and diagnostic procedures, as well as pre-registration of new patients and patients seen in outreach clinics.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Promptly and courteously answers CAD telephone calls, coordinating the scheduling of patient appointments in a manner that meets the patients needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• Accesses on-line physician/provider scheduling protocols for each appointment scheduled to ensure scheduling accuracy.
• Schedules and enters orders for ancillary services via the order communication system. Instructs patients on specific preparations and/or restrictions necessary to prepare for ancillary procedures.
• Accesses any resources necessary to assist in meeting the needs of the caller (e.g. Level II scheduling staff, nursing staff, HealthLine, leadership, Red Flag Chief Complaint List, etc.).
• Verifies basic demographic information when scheduling; pre-registers all new patients and fully registers all outreach clinic patients.
• Informs patients of any financial/insurance obligations they may expect at the time of their appointment.
• Performs clerical duties to include filing, mailing patient appointment reminders, faxing outreach schedules, and completing ancillary service orders.
• Creates edits and maintains master templates for physician, hospital and clinic ancillary appointment types and scheduling protocols as requested by physicians and in accordance with access initiatives. Communicates changes in protocols to appropriate personnel.
• Reschedules patients whose appointments are affected by a change in physician schedule. Communicates BILLINGS CLINIC apologies for any inconvenience to the patient and strives to reschedule in such a way that meets the patients need.
• Provides educational opportunities to physicians, nursing and administration allowing for the creation of a schedule template which will positively affect the physician in achieving productivity needs, patient satisfaction and reduce the need to revise schedules.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Billings Clinic physicians and specialties
• Medical terminology
• Customer service and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Scheduling protocols
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Basic typing at 45 WPM
• Basic ten key
• Analytical skills to solve simple to semi-complex problems
• Organization, prioritization, and time management
• Conflict resolution
• Interviewing patients to accurately determine needs
• Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Operate required office machines
• Concentrate and pay close attention to detail and work independently
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Maintain composure in a position that has considerable deadlines, customer contact, and high volume
• Be flexible to facilitate change
• Scheduling errors can result in loss of productivity, revenue and patient satisfaction issues
• Registration errors can result in incorrect identification of the patient, guarantor and financial information necessary to facilitate billing and collection procedures resulting in loss of reimbursement and patient satisfaction issues
• Position requires highest degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information handled; failure to maintain patient confidentiality could result in legal action and patient satisfaction issues.
? High school graduate or equivalent
? Prefer one year of office experience related to above tasks
? Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.