Billings Clinic Benefits Consultant in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
HUMAN RESOURCES - 8755 (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE:$25.76 - $32.20
The Benefits Consultant is responsible for human capital management duties related to employee benefits within Human Resources. Areas of focus include but are not limited to benefit administration and auditing, leave management, life and disability claims, compensation, and the development and implementation of related policies and procedures as well as benefit administration for physician and executives. Develops and maintains strong business partnerships with the Billings Clinic Leadership Team, physicians, executives, Physician Recruitment and Payroll Teams. Assists employees in understanding the organizations benefits offerings and acts as a liaison between the organization and third-party benefits administrators and providers. Conducts/Facilitates benefits orientation and enrollment meetings advises on eligibility, costs, and coverage, and provides information for and support in creating memos, presentations, and other benefits communications. Provides guidance and support during claims and enrollment processes. Maintains records related to benefits plan participation. Ensures that interpretation and application of human resource programs and practices are in compliance with organizational policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Receives and responds to inquiries regarding employee benefit policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
• Works collaboratively with the Human Resource Leadership, Executive HR Committee, external benefit broker and legal counsel to manage new and existing benefit offerings and related processes to ensure long-term stability of the benefit plan and deliver competitive benefit programs to employees to enhance recruitment and retention efforts. Ensures legal compliance of benefit programs with all federal, state and legal requirements.
• Researches competitive trends and recommends changes including new, innovative, cost-effective benefit offerings. Works with Vice President People Resources, Human Resources Director and compensation and benefits staff to present benefit strategies, enhancements, and annual budget projections to Senior Executive Team.
• Participates in the planning, organizing, implementation and coordination of the benefit programs for medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, leave of absence management, and long-term disability.
• Understands and assists with the development of internal systems, processes and information systems to ensure the accurate and timely administration of the various benefit plans.
• Responsible for generation, verification and reconciliation and payment authorization for vendor services. Participates in vendor review and selection processes.
• Addresses and resolves day-to-day benefit issues, including eligibility, billing, and claims issues. Develops relationships with vendors and participates in ongoing vendor management, which includes working closely with vendors regarding resolution of benefit administration problems and customer service issues.
• Participates in the review of SPDs, contracts and legal documents to ensure compliance. Coordinates the legal review of SPDs and other documents as needed. Coordinates the 5500 filings.
• Review Benefit offerings with prospective Physician, APP, Director and Executive leadership candidates as part of the interview process.
• Onboard physicians, residents, APPs, directors and executives.
Conducts benefit enrollment presentations.
Maintains and creates onboarding documents including but not limited to I9, W4, direct deposit, payroll and benefit forms.
Coordinate with Physician Recruitment Team, Physician Compensation Manager, IS team, HRIS team and Payroll for start date, system set-up, and part-time contingents’ statuses.
Codes physicians and executives into GHR/Lawson system
• Develops and conducts educational sessions for employees to assist in understanding the various benefit plans. Delivers benefit enrollment presentations to new employees during orientation. Coordinates and facilitates annual benefit enrollment and educational/assistance sessions.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all organizational and departmental requirements.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field required
• Minimum two to three years of experience in Human Resources
• Minimum one to two years of work experience in employee benefits
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified human resource professional (i.e., PHR-Professional in Human Resources; SPHR-Senior Professional in Human • Resources; GPHR-Global Professional in Human Resources; CBP-Certified Benefits Professional; etc.) applicable to specialty is desired or is to be pursued after employment
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.