Billings Clinic Call Center Agent - Main Campus in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Call Center Agent - Main Campus
CALL CENTER (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.80 = 64 hours(Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 12.40 - 14.80
This position may be eligible for a sign-on incentive
Call Center Agents are responsible for professionally representing all departments of Billings Clinic in a dynamic fast paced and at times, high pressure, environment where change is the norm, not the exception. They are responsible for ensuring a positive first and lasting impression of Billings Clinic. They take pride and focus on quality and extraordinary care in providing correct information and or connecting individuals to the proper party. They take ownership in providing exceptional customer service to all guests, patients, family members and users of this service.
At the Call Center, the Call Center Agent will promote and represent Billings Clinic services and program and create a welcoming atmosphere by answering the telephone and process calls quickly and accurately. They perform duties that include answering calls, routing calls, taking messages, scheduling and verification of appointments for Billings Clinic within a team environment. Monitors and dispatches appropriate level of response teams to ensure patient and employee safety as necessary for emergency situations. Agent will perform clerical and administrative tasks to include data entry, completion of reports as needed for support of the department.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. • Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Responsible to courteously, accurately and quickly answer and direct physician, staff, consumer and vendor telephone calls per department standards in a clear audible voice.
• Accurately and concisely pages, transfers and delivers calls to appropriate destinations using predetermined question format and protocols. Articulates announcements in a friendly, clear, understandable and concise manner. Responds to basic inquiries regarding Billings Clinic services and program offerings and physician specialty information otherwise transfers call to appropriate area.
• Monitors medical and non-medical alarms, emergency phones and two-way radios for patient and employee safety. Accurately dispatches appropriate level of response for non-emergent and emergency situations as determined by established policies and procedures involving critical and sometimes life threatening situations while using the computer, telephone, paging system and or two-way radio. •Completes appropriate, concise and accurate documentation and reporting requirements of incidents that occur to ensure adherence and compliance with safety standards and regulatory requirements.
• Assists in covering vacations and sick calls. Responsible for taking and documenting sick calls from other staff members and finding replacements for needed shift(s) within the department. Shift(s) must be covered until replacement staff is found.
• Consistently maintains log for keys that are checked in and out by various departments as necessary to ensure only authorized personnel have access.
• Responsible to accurately verify appointments and locations for Billings Clinic patients.
• Accesses necessary resources to assist in meeting the needs of the caller, for example HealthLine
• Keeps informed of trends, developments and/or opportunities that may be identified in the course of the work performed. Works collaboratively with other departments within Billings Clinic.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) minimum specifications
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Multi-line telephone equipment and headsets
• Medical terminology and physician office practices to include a familiarity with physicians and medical procedures available within Billings Clinic and affiliated communities
• Telephone etiquette
• Office equipment
• Exceptional customer service
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Interpersonal skills necessary to provide professional, courteous service
• Professional and pleasant telephone and paging voice
• Operating multi-line telephone system and wear headset
• Manual dexterity to operate personal computer
• Data entry which is accurate and timely; maintaining databases
• Proper use of grammar, spelling and sentence structure
• Perform work with a high degree of accuracy and speed
• Listening skills to interpret callers needs
• Organization, prioritization and time management
• Conflict resolution
• Team Building
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal, non-verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work in a 24 hour per day 7 days a week team environment
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Work with high volumes, frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Respond calmly and effectively in emergent situations
• Operate office equipment such as fax and copy machine
• Multi-task from various work stations
• Typing of 50 words per minute with accuracy
• Highly compassionate and caring while dealing with extremely sensitive and personal customer situations
• Must provide prompt and courteous responses to all requests. All contacts reflect on the image of Billings Clinic. Errors in call and/or customer handling could result in loss of potential customers or if an emergency could negatively impact the quality of patient care and/or loss of life.
• Database entry errors could result in loss of productivity for others, loss of vital information and false reports.
• Requires considerable resourcefulness and knowledge of system programs and services to respond to patient and visitor inquiries and to direct to appropriate areas of services.
• Appointment misinformation can result in loss of productivity, revenue and patient satisfaction issues
• Position requires highest degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information handled; failure to maintain patient confidentiality could result in legal action and patient satisfaction issues.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Post-secondary schooling with healthcare related courses completed, preferred.
• Prior PBX or multi-line telephone system or Call Center experience is preferable
• Medical terminology desirable; Billings Clinic will provide training if needed
• Typing at 50 words per minute with accuracy
• Previous Call Center Experience preferred
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.