Billings Clinic Cardiology Clinical Research RN in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Cardiology Clinical Research RN
CARDIOLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Billings Clinic Cardiology is seeking a Clinical Research RN to join our growing dynamic team!
Billings Clinic is ranked by U.S. News and World Report as Number 1 for cardiology services in Montana. As a Level II Trauma Center, Billings Clinic is nationally ranked and recognized for the highest quality standards and an exceptional patient experience. Billings Clinic Cardiology and Cath Lab offers a wide variety of both outpatient and inpatient services such as Interventional, EP, Device, Advanced Heart Failure, Structural Heart, and Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab Services. Billings Clinic Cardiology and Cath Lab are an accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary PCI with Resuscitation, 2020 Mission Lifeline Gold award recipient, 2021 Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus for Heart Failure recipient, 2020 Platinum Performance Chest Pain – MI Registry, an accredited AACVPR program, an accredited Valve Center for TAVR, and recognized in 2020-21 by U.S. News High Performing hospitals in Cardiology. Our organizational mission values patient-focused care, research, and education. The nation is taking note that Billings and Montana are a great place to live and work!
Coordinates assigned clinical research studies by performing diverse clinical, regulatory, and clerical responsibilities requiring analysis, judgement, and knowledge of clinical research. Facilitates clinical research studies with participants, staff, and sponsoring organizations.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Reviews and translates protocol into a specific study manual to assure adherence to protocol by all staff. Educates in-house and other Billings Clinic staff regarding protocol procedures. Prepares and submits regulatory documents to pharmaceutical companies and institutional review boards (IRBs).
• Creates and implements appropriate participant recruiting tools; screens and obtains informed consent from participants, adhering to regulatory requirements and the rights of the participant in research. Coordinates information and documentation systems and processes to meet the needs for conducting clinical research studies including screening logs, participant information lists, study specific source documents, phone logs, drug logs, and any others as needed.
• Facilitates participant education regarding the role of a research subject, and the specific requirements of the research protocol they participate in. Provides participant with appropriate teaching materials to help facilitate understanding and compliance.
• Collects data and documents in source documents as well as in case report forms. Implements and maintains regulatory documents. Prepares for and participates in monitoring visits and audits.
• Performs health assessments; prepares and dispenses medication; obtains biological samples; and performs other duties required by protocols.
• Reports adverse events per FDA, IRB, and sponsor guidelines. Notifies appropriate physician as necessary, and follows up on adverse events as required.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Personal computers and printers, hardware and software
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s rights as a research participant and standards of care in clinical research studies
• Clinical research protocols
• Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and the guidelines for the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH)
• General regulatory submissions to Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
• Nursing theory and practice to assess, evaluate, and provide quality patient care
• Infection control and safety practices and procedures
• Joint Commission and OSHA safety requirements
• Professional interpersonal communication skills
• Advanced nursing assessments and procedures (i.e., EKGs, conscious sedation)
• Venipuncture and intravenous medication administration
• BLS CPR certification
• Preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence
• Learns quickly and maintains proficiency and knowledge within the flexibility of a rapidly changing environment
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work independently and problem solve appropriately
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks
• Manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Work with people from diverse professional and philosophical backgrounds
• Aggressively fulfill goals and objectives
• Current Montana license as a Registered Nurse (RN) plus 3-5 years hospital or medical experience.
• Current Montana Drivers license and the ability to be insured and to operate vehicles
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years hospital or medical experience.
Certifications and Licenses
Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
Current Montana license as a Registered Nurse
Current Montana license as a Registered Nurse (RN) Current Montana Drivers license and the ability to be insured and to operate vehicles
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.