System One Services Certified AWS CWI QA/QC Specialist in Billings, Montana
Certified AWS CWI QA/QC SpecialistBillings, Montana
Apply with System One
Compensation Range:55.00 Per Hour
Candidates must have a current AWS CWI certification and have refinery turnaround experience.
This is a salaried exempt position that pays $55/hour, straight time for overtime and $140/day per diem.
Start date will be immediate and duration is approximately 3 months.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience: 11 years of experience in area of specialization.
Minimum 2 years refinery experience on major turnarounds. Current AWS CWI certification required. Experience with ASME BPV code, B31.3, NBIC, welder qualification, WPS & PQR qualification, NDE, material receipt, quality documentation review.
5 years construction QA/QC experience in Oil & Gas industry.
Level-Specific Responsibilities: Manages a group of quality employees in a group office or working on a portion of a project. Plans, conducts and directs research and/or development work on complex quality projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge to the completion of projects. Ensures that the product is designed, procured, and installed in accordance with customer and company quality requirements and within established budgets. Makes frequent decisions using principles and professional independent judgment. Provides technical inspiration, leadership, and consultation to professional co-workers.
SCOPE: The Quality Engineering job family plans and directs activities concerned with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished material or product.
Quality assurance and quality control are important aspects to this job family. Quality assurance includes all those planned and systematic actions necessary to provide adequate confidence that an item or a facility will perform satisfactorily in service. Quality control includes all those aspects of quality assurance, which provides a means of control and measures the characteristics of an item, process or facility to established requirements.
• Guides and directs lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests.
• Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
• Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors.
• Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
• Ensures that the company and customer’s requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, or functions.
• Recommends corrective action to quality problems.
• Provides technical support and advises other engineering groups.
• May work in any of the following areas of quality control/assurance engineering: design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development and administrative application.
• Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and related government regulations.
Apply with System One