St. John's Lutheran Ministries Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Billings, Montana
$1,250 Sign On Bonus for Full-Time/$750 Sign On Bonus for Part-Time!
FT Days 6am - 2:30pm Rotating Schedule w/ E/O Weekend Off! Eligible $1.50 Weekend Differential from Friday at 11:59 to Sunday at 11:59pm.
Relief All Shifts!
Under general supervision, provides direct care to residents and assists with activities of daily living. Provides effective, timely, and quality health care assistance and related support for Assisted Living and Independent Living Residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists residents with bathing functions according to resident service plan and as directed (i.e. Showerbath and whirlpools)
- Assists residents with daily dental and couth care (i.e. brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc. as needed)
- Assists residents with undressing/dressing as necessary
- Assists residents with hair care functions (i.e. Combing, brushing, shampooing, etc.)
- Assists residents with nail care (i.e. Clipping, trimming and cleaning the finger/toenails)
- Assists residents with shaving (female residents – facial hair, under arms, legs, etc. as instructed. Male residents – facial hair.)
- Position residents in correct and comfortable positions for pressure relief.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions. (i.e. Take to bathroom, offer portable commode, change Prevails, etc.)
- Assists residents in preparing for social programs, activities, and appointments (i.e. Church, parties, visitors, doctor’s appointments, etc.)
- Assists residents with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, and wheelchairs. Assists residents to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed.
- Answers resident calls promptly.
- Assists with the care of the dying resident, maintaining hope, dignity and love for the resident at all times.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed. REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in a human service or health care setting preferred. Must possess a current Montana State Nurses Aide Certification, or have completed the SJLM C.N.A course and will obtain certification within 120 days of class completion.