Billings Clinic CNA, Hospital - Inpatient Cardiovascular Unit (0.9) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
CNA, Hospital - Inpatient Cardiovascular Unit (0.9)
I/P CARDIOVASCULAR UNIT (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.90 = 72 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 15.00 - 17.64
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS.
Under general supervision of a licensed Nurse assists in the delivery of patient/resident care. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary care team to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational and spiritual needs of the patient/resident and family.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Utilizing a holistic approach, performs basic nursing care and treatments within scope of practice as directed by the licensed nurse to include the goal-directed plan of care for the patient.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient need and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures, to include, but not limited to, activities of daily living (ADLs), vital signs, intake and output measurements and hourly rounding.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Supports the Magnet Model of quality nursing care.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients/residents, families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Acts as a resource, role model and mentor. Responds to questions and assists with problem resolution.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own growth and development needs; meets all system and departmental educational and continuing education requirements.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• For level II: Completes yearly level II competency checklist.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Common policies and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Regulatory standards ( e.g. JCAHO, OSHA.)
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient/resident care treatment, planning and assessment within scope of practice
• Patient/resident rights
• Infection control and safety practices, policies and procedures
• Basic medical terminology
• Basic anatomy and physiology
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) necessary to interact with patients/residents, families, and members of the interdisciplinary care team with a variety of developmental and sociocultural backgrounds
• Performance of tasks and procedures as directed by the RN and/or LPN in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols
• Operation of patient care equipment and electronic applications
• Incorporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant to geriatric
• Demonstrate empathy and sensitivity necessary to elicit patients’/residents’ cooperation and allay apprehensions
• Provide/relay information to patients, residents, and/or families and report on patient/resident condition and/or unusual findings with members of the interdisciplinary care team as appropriate
• Utilize time management concepts to maximize tasks effectively
• Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Work with general supervision
• Function in a chaotic work environment with changing priorities as it relates to patient care needs
• Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
• Professional conduct in dealing with difficult situations with co-workers, patients/residents, families and visitors. Requires ability to deal with patients with acute, chronic and complex diseases processes and those who are dying.
• Resourcefulness in dealing with simple to moderate complexity requires ability to prioritize duties with assistance of nursing personnel.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Six months CNA experience in performing patient/resident care in a health care institution, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified Nursing Assistant
• CPR Certification
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.