Billings Clinic Community Training Center Educator-Advanced - Per diem in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Community Training Center Educator-Advanced - Per diem
Billings Clinic (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evening
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.25 = 20 hours (Non-Exempt)
The CTC Educator -Advanced is responsible for teaching American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Life Support Courses for the Billings Clinic Community Training Center. The incumbent will be responsible for teaching, and evaluating educational programs consistent with the American Heart Association (AHA) protocols. Expertise is utilized in a classroom setting. Promotes and markets Billings Clinic programs, services and medical staff through knowledgeable responses to questions regarding the organization.
Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
Personal computers, hardware and software
Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
Patient’s/resident’s and student’s rights
• Leadership skills and use of empowerment principles
• Adult learning principles
• Basic principles of visual aid development
• Advanced professional communication/listening skills, both verbal and non-verbal
• Application of role modeling principles and practices
• Application of teaching skills, didactic and psychomotor
•J udgement in selecting, using and evaluating appropriate teaching methods and techniques based on current practice, cost effectiveness and local community appropriateness
•In corporate cultural diversity and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, verbal, written and psychomotor skills
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of assignments and teaching environments
• Work independently
• Operate a motor vehicle safely in varied weather conditions
• Operate basic audio visual equipment including, but not limited to: slide projector, audio tape/CD player, overhead projector, VCR player and monitor
• Operate and maintain various training manikins, data simulators and automated external defibrillators (AED’s) and AED trainers
• Accountable to provide clinically sound information
• Requires excellent working relationships with all levels of health care providers
High school graduate or equivalent
Previous experience working in a clinical/healthcare environment is required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Certification and one or all of the following certifications:
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor certification
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor certification
Neonatal Resuscitation Instructor certification (Requires RN or Physician licensure)
Currently licensed in the state of Montana as a Paramedic, RN, Physician, or Respiratory Therapist
Current Montana drivers license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicles
Experience teaching AHA programs is preferred
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service. Demonstrates positive, supportive and caring behaviors in communication with all class participants.
• Evaluates healthcare providers’ ability to apply CPR knowledge and skills and identifies opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain/improve patient/resident care and lay rescuer skills.
• (Education, Community, skill evaluation - healthcare Provider) Teaches education programs which are consistent with American Heart Association protocols, collaborates with the CTC Coordinator and Assistant and other health care providers to assure appropriateness of educational offerings for individual and community needs.
• Will be authorized to teach the following courses:
PEARS - Must be a PALS certified instructor Utilizes various types of audiovisual equipment such as TV/DVD, laptops, simulation equipment, manikins and Microsoft PowerPoint in presenting the above programs.
• (Education, Materials, Training Equipment) Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.