Billings Clinic CT Technologist I in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
CT Technologist I
COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY/CT (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $24.53 - $30.07
The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing diagnostic imaging services in the specialty of Computed Tomography. The technologist is responsible for the safe operation of a variety of equipment to produce images of the patient’s body for diagnostic purposes. The technologist is responsible for providing exposure in the modality of Computed Tomography to the Radiologic Technologist program students and may provide instruction to interns. Interviews patients, explains procedures, performs venipuncture and assists in positioning the patient for procedures. Reviews test results with radiologists/referring physicians.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Calibrates equipment and reviews general maintenance needs.
• Performs clinical assessment and computed tomography exams as ordered by the physician. Interviews patient, explains examination procedures and process and assists in positioning patient for procedures.
• Reviews patient history and previous scans (if applicable) with the radiologists.
• Uses cognitive CT skills to identify, record and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images. Coordinates with other staff to ensure appropriate patient care is provided. Performs CT scans entering data such as type of scan requested, slice thickness, scan time, other technical data.
• Analyzes exams, synthesizes CT information, medical history, and utilizes independent judgment during the CT exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings. Prepares preliminary reports and checklist for the radiologist. Reviews exam with the radiologist when appropriate. Communicates with attending and/or referring physicians as appropriate.
• Maintains CT scan records and patient records in accordance with Billings Clinic policies, procedures and standards.
• Assists physicians with cyst aspirations, biopsies and abscess drainages.
• Coordinates scheduling, transportation and scanning of patients.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Complies with general training required by Billings Clinic as well as specific training requirements of the position.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Various computer systems relating to Computed Tomography
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient/resident rights
• Regulatory requirements and standards governing CT services
• Principles, practices and techniques of CT, including guidelines for age appropriate care
• Infection control procedures
• Hazcom and safety criteria
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• National Patient Safety Goals
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Performing complex algebraic calculations for equipment settings, medication administration, etc.
• Manual dexterity for operating technical equipment and administering IV’s.
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant to geriatric
• Transport and/or lift patients
• Function independently at a high level of competency with little supervision
• Cross train to work into different special imaging modalities: i.e. MRI
• Perform calculations
• Explain the procedure to the patient and review cases with the radiologist, and/or referring physicians
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Respond calmly and professionally in an emergent or difficult situation
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• May be expected to rotate to several different imaging suites during a shift
• Exposure to unpleasant odors from soiled linen or human waste and contact with patients exhibiting possible infectious diseases. Universal precautions are mandatory when working with all patients.
• Possibility of exposure to ionizing radiation or contact with corrosive darkroom chemicals.
• Adherence to safety and protection standards dramatically reduce the chance of accident.
• Errors in calibrating equipment and performing procedures could result in poor quality test results which could negatively impact the quality of patient care.
- Please enter the individual bullet points here
Certifications and Licenses
Current Montana license
Registered with the American Registry of Radiological Technologists At Hire
At hire - Health care provider CPR certification
At hire - Post-Primary certification in CT required for Level II
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.