Home Science Tools Customer Service Rep in Billings, Montana
To further the company’s core focus of igniting curiosity and enriching lives for generations by providing the tools to engage and foster science discovery. In particular, this position provides our customers with an exceptional service through customer service processes by going above and beyond our customers expectation, so that they come away from any contact with us feeling special, well helped, and that their money is well spent.
1. Order entry
2. Product and order questions
3. Resolving customer issues
4. Processing customer feedback
5. Top Customer Account Management
• Ensures delivery of excellent customer service.
• Accurately receives and enters telephone, mail, email, and fax orders.
• Export orders from our website into our order processing system and complete steps for
• Answer or refer customer’s telephone, e-mail, CHAT and mail questions.
• Contact customers about order or product issues and corrects errors with the ability to delight the customer.
• Meet service, productivity, and quality goals.
• Must be willing to learn about science educational products and be able to answer product questions and assist customers with product selection.
• Proactively reaches out to top customers to develop/maintain strong and positive
• Process and mail catalog requests as assigned.
• Pass customer’s comments and feedback to management for evaluation and consideration.
Champion customer opinions and comments to the company.
• Complete company printing requests as assigned.
• Assist in minimal housekeeping duties to keep our office clean and safe.
• Complete other routine and non-routine tasks as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree
• Able to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.
• Enthusiastic, friendly, energetic, and engaging over the phone.
• Two years of customer service experience.
• Excellent critical thinking and communication skills, including verbal, typing, and written.
• Demonstrated ability to learn science educational products and in house software programs.
• Able to navigate between multiple software programs quickly, efficient in Microsoft Office.
• Strong attention to detail while improving efficiency.
• Ability to prioritize and move quickly between a variety of tasks.
• Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer questions,
comments, and creatively solve problem.
• Strong phone skills.
• Full-time. Will work as few as 30 hours per week during our slow periods (usually February-April) and as many as 40 hours per week during peak periods (usually August, September and
December). The in between times will typically be 35-40 hours per week. Hours of operation are
M-F 7 AM to 6 PM and rotational Saturday shifts for up to 4 hours.
Essential Skills and Abilities for this Position:
• Customer focus: Thinks and acts to delight the customer. Helps to develop customer focus in
other customer service representatives.
• Product knowledge: Guides customers in selection of correct and most cost-effective products for their science education needs.
• Communication: Clearly communicates verbally and in written form. Able to quickly understand
and address customer needs while maintaining a pleasant customer relationship.
• Continuous Improvement: Continuously seeks and finds ways to do tasks more effectively and
• Detail-Oriented: Accurately enter order and information requests. Manage backorders to
ensure proper communication and processing.
• Personal Motivation & Initiative: Maintains a high energy level. Interested, intense; attacks
work. Conveys by actions that his/her work is important.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
• Located in to Billings, Montana.
• Sitting for long periods.
• Ability to work in a call center atmosphere.
• Use of fingers, hands, arms involving computer work and lifting and carrying of materials.
• Need to wear a headset for extended periods of time and have the ability to work hands free to
• Good close, distance and peripheral vision.
• Auditory ability to listen attentively in a busy office environment.
• Ability to speak clearly and listen carefully.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as dealing with conflict in a patient and respectful
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive wage with performance-based bonus.
• Paid time off includes PTO and nine holidays.
Customer Service Rep I Page 3 Revised 2/19/2021
• Generous medical, dental and vision benefits available.
• 401(k) plan with generous company contributions.
Location: Corporate Office, Billings, Montana
Travel Required: Less than 5%
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
Career Level: Customer Service
Send resume, cover letter and completed application for employment (available at
www.homesciencetools.com/careers) to Brandy Hansen, firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 406-256-0991.