Billings Clinic Director - Bio Medical in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Director - Bio Medical
Generic Division (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours(Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: DOE
This position oversees the operations of multi site Biomedical Engineering Operations for the purpose of providing a quality, cost effective program that meets or exceeds the particular quality and financial expectations of Billings Clinic. This position is responsible for providing the customer with an aggressive biomedical engineering program that lowers their annual maintenance cost, increases equipment life cycles, and above all, provides the highest level of customer service. This position provides technology assessments, purchasing assistance, and equipment safety and life cycle management.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversees operations of Biomedical Engineering Department by: conducting quarterly department head visits and meetings; ensuring that reports are delivered in a timely manner; providing a working environment that meets all OSHA, Joint Commission/DNV and other guidelines. Completing and maintaining all performance indicators for the various facilities at or above program targets.
2. Ensures financial performance of department by: conducting regular department head visits and meetings to review performance of Biomedical Engineering program; maintaining PM/CM completion at or above program targets; being actively involved in capital asset planning, purchasing, etc., and other committees as assigned; completion of customer satisfaction surveys with appropriate results.
3. Ensures Billings Clinic financial performance by: attaining all expense budgets and cost containment targets; ensuring that expenditure authority and level are adhered to; and forwarding, in a timel y manner, all appropriate PO’s, invoices and financial details to the appropriate sources.
4. Manages and oversees technical personnel recruitment, training and development. This includes holding all necessary staff meetings; training technical staff; providing written measurable objectives; coordinating vacation, sick days etc.; and performing midyear and annual performance evaluations.
5. Ensures smooth communications and reporting to and from all appropriate administrators at each site. This includes conducting all necessary meetings with facility administrators, and forwarding all positive and negative customer/vendor communications to VP for review. Provides weekly reports to VP as needed.
6. Provides professional team and personal growth that meets the needs of multiple location accounts with a broad focus on all technologies.
7. Networks with peers to gain innovative ideas and sourcing of information.
8. Grows the program by gaining the confidence of clinical department heads and maintaining positive relationships with the appropriate administrators at each location.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Language Ability: High: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Math Ability: Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to prepare, analyze and present budgets and other financial or technical data.
• Reasoning Ability: High: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
1. Four (4) year degree in related field.
1. 6 years of relevant experience.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.