Billings Clinic Director of Technology in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-tim
ployees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Director of Technologyan>n>
IT TECHNICAL - 8736 (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period:
1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Salary DOE
Provides leadership and direction for the Technology department within the IT Division. Ensures technical continuity and consistency of all aspects of the digital infrastructure across and throughout the organization. Guide development of cyber threat detection & mitigation strategies and tactics that reduce risk to the organizat
assets. Ensures the delivery of quality, cost-effective health care services in line with the Billings Clinic mission, vision, values, and goals. Accountabilities include overall IT infrastructure, cyber security, identity management, quality of services, short- and long-range planning directly related to the business unit, to achieve goals and objectives, fiscal control and responsibility to manage revenue and costs, physician and interdepartmental and intradepartmental relations, and personnel management.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops and oversees the IT Technology Department to ensure adherence to organizational mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and business objectives. Interprets and supports the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic. Responsible for the promotion of, and adherence to, the elements of Billings Clinic’
;s Code of Business Co
nduct and corporate compliance program as it relates to the department.
• In collaboration with Senior Leadership, physician leadership, other medical staff, and other health care providers, leads, develops, and revises programs which enhance the digital infrastructure and mitigate cyber risk. Decisions specify the IT division and departmental priorities to be accomplished by the Infrastructure and Cybersecurity Managers regarding how resources will be allocated. Acts as a recognized area expert within Billings Clinic and to other health care providers.
• Leads business unit in the overall marketing, program d
evelopment, and service priorities that support a quality-focused environment and the financial objectives of the organization/business unit/department. Coordinates with Senior Leadership and physicians to assure continuity in pursuing business unit/system goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
versees Managers, Superv
isors/Coordinators, and other direct reports with preparation of business unit budget, staffing, objectives, standards, and staff education programs.
• Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within business unit. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance for business unit and ensures business unit and staff compliance.
• Develops, retains, recruits, and leads a talented management team committed to accomplishing the organizational/business unit goals, objectives and c
orporate compliance. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assures sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide care/services. Adheres to administrative policy/procedures relating to human resource management.
• Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwo
rk throughout the organiza
tion. Builds an environment of shared commitment to Billings Clinic’s goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes.
• Leads evaluation, selection, and integration of health care technology and information management systems within the business unit that supports quality of care/financial needs and the efficient use of resources.
4 Year Bachelor's Degree in a related field
Minimum 6 Years Leadership Experience
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is govern
ed by a board of community mem
bers, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and
welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do.
As an equal opp
ortunity employer, our policies
and processes are designed to
achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All
employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects
of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family
status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability.
To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective
employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the