Billings Clinic Education Development Specialist (Region Support) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2022 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2022%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Education Development Specialist (Region Support)
CENTER FOR EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 31.21 - 36.67
Responsible for applying in-depth knowledge, competencies, and skills in a clinical specialty. Assesses, plans, researches, develops, conducts, and evaluates services and continuing education programs in collaboration with management. Expertise is utilized in all settings for the organization. Establishes goals and priorities in accordance with patient care, staff needs and organizational objectives and in accordance with age appropriate care criteria for services ranging from infant to geriatric.
Essential Job Functions
• Evaluates nursing practice and identifies opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain/improve patient care while remaining fiscally sound.
• Participate in curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes. Responsible for formulating program outcomes and designing curricula to reflect evidence-based health care trends and prepare learners to function effectively in the health care environment.
• Function as change agents and leaders to create a preferred future for education and clinical practice.
• Facilitates empowered environment that recognizes and responds to staff’s developmental and professional practice issues through mentoring, team building, resource identification and networking.
• Acts as a champion of scientific inquiry, generating new knowledge an integrating best available evidence into practice and policy through Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) and Research.
• Demonstrates positive, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication.
• Consideration will be given to the appropriateness of care based on the age of the patient.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies need and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action.
• BSN - Application may be considered if currently enrolled in a BSN program with a defined date of completion within 18 months of application.
• 5 years of RN experience
• Teaching experience preferred
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.