Billings Clinic EKG Technician (per diem) in Billings, Montana
According to previously defined procedures and upon request of a physician, operates electrocardiographic equipment, cardiac event monitor equipment, and stress testing equipment to record and/or analyze the electrical impulses of the heart, for physician use in the diagnosis of heart disorders. Individual is responsible for setting up, applying and removing cardiac monitor equipment. Responsible for associated clerical and assigned duties.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops a complete understanding of electrocardiogram (EKG) analysis and maintains a high level of knowledge by utilizing education opportunities.
• Maintains, cleans, troubleshoots and operates EKG carts, various cardiac monitors and stress test equipment to conduct numerous diagnostic tests throughout the facility. Maintains all department equipment and supplies including cleaning, ordering, and stocking.
• Reviews patient chart and history, introduces self, acquires two forms of patient ID, and educates by explaining purpose and procedure of the test to the patient. Assures consent forms are signed and in order.
• Attaches electrodes to the proper predetermined positions according to American Heart Association (AHA). Observes patient privacy/confidentiality at all times.
• Assists providers with various stress testing protocols. In the clinic assists with Tilt Tables.
• Operates computer systems, performs clerical duties inc luding data entry, billing, order review/entry, chart review, EKG review, Alerts appropriate staff of critical arrhythmias and abnormalities, billing and charting errors. This list is not all inclusive.
• Organizes and adjusts work schedule; to preform STAT and now orders, routine orders, new admissions in hospital, walk-ins, outpatient testing, and fluctuations in patient workload. Affiliates and outreach account assistance and other provider's requests.
• Acts as a resource in providing technical support and assistance to affiliates, outreach accounts and providers. Assists in the orientation, skill development and skill competency of other personnel. Participates in the completion of peer performance/competency reviews.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development, meets all mandatory departmental and system requirements.