City of Billings FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPPORT I (CUSTODIAL) in Billings, Montana
September 16, 2021 3:15 PM
Open Until Filled
Facility Services ◄ Back to All Categories (Jobs.aspx) FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPPORT I (CUSTODIAL)
This position with the Facilities Management Department is required to perform a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance, and cleaning of the BOC and City Hall facilities.
Daily work duties include:
• Cleaning and sanitizing restroom facilities
• Daily floor care, including mopping, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, removing marks and stains, and operating floor care equipment including scrubbers, buffers, vacuums, and other equipment as needed.
• Office cleaning, windows, surfaces and dusting
• Trash removal, sanitizing waste receptacles and ash trays (outdoors)
• Sweeping or shoveling walkways and removing snow and ice as needed.
• Locking/unlocking buildings entrances if needed.
• Position may back up custodial work at City Hall and may have to set up and arrange Council meetings and other functions as necessary
• Move or arrange chairs and like furniture as necessary
• Learn cleaning products and appropriate uses
• Landscaping duties as assigned
Applicant must be able and willing to:
• Operate a variety of custodial equipment safely and efficiently
• Able to learn and retain product use information and read/comprehend MSDS sheets for products
• Demonstrate some cleaning experience
• Sit, see, hear, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, twist and climb
• Lift up to 60 lbs.
• Work in a safe manner withstand exposure to wind, noise, outdoors, cleaning products, odors, dust, mechanical and electrical equipment
• Have current Montana Driver’s License and be willing to travel to different sites and locations as necessary
• Work evenings and shift work
• Be willing to utilize a computer and cell phone as necessary
• Able to flex schedules with appropriate notice
• Provide excellent customer service skills
Salary: $14.47/hour at Step 1 of a 7 step salary table, plus excellent benefits
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, the first week of work the schedule will be 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and thereafter, the schedule will be 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
• Must have the ability to follow basic written instructions and simple diagrams
• Six (6) months of general custodial work experience, or equivalent
• Must have the ability to answer basic questions in a courteous manner
• Must be able to pass a Federal fingerprint based criminal history background check
• A high school diploma or GED
Required Application Materials:
• City of Billings Application
• Cover letter
Subject to pre-employment drug test and must be able to pass a fingerprint-based felony background check.
The application and supporting documents can be submitted online atwww.billingsmt.govor to City of Billings, Human Resources at 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BETWEEN JULY 1, 2021 AND JULY 19, 2021 AND JULY 23, 2021 AND AUGUST 3, 2021 WILL STILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION AND IT IS UN-NECESSARY TO REAPPLY.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Apply online for this position.