Billings Clinic HIM Specialist in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet? Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer
ing, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated
ation, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
HEALTH INFO MGMT (HIM) - HOSP (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
e (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period:
1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Wage DOE:
Starting at $15
Under the supervision of the Director Finance, is responsible for working closely with all functions and personel in the revenue and HIM Departments. Responsible to maintain patient records and perform a variety of related clerical duties including scanning and scanning validation, chart location and tracking, and facilitation of release of information authorizations and coordinates with the Billings Clinic HIM release of information staff who perform the release of information; and ensures accuracy and completeness of the medical record. Performs charge entry into the financial system and ensures completeness and accuracy of the charge capture process.
Essential Job Functions
• Accurately prepares documents for charge entry with completion on a timely basis.
• Facilitates Release of Inform
ation (ROI) requests i
n coordination with Billings Clinic HIM Department
• a) Responsible to verify a compliant authorization has been provided
• b) Routes release of information authorizations requests to Billings Clinic HIM Department for handling and processing.
• In coordination with the Director of Quality, provides administrative support for the Peer Review Process through gathering records and scheduling meetings.
• Performs scanning and scanning validations of documents into the Cerner information system for services performed outside the integrated medical record in order to provide a complete medical record to meet patient care needs.
• Analyzes medical records for chart completion deficiencies as mandated by Medicare, Medicaid and/or other accrediting or regulatory bodies. Dete
rmine appropriate physician to provide missing documentation, (i.e., attending physician, surgeon, etc.). Perform re-analysis when physician h
as supplied missing item
s to ensure completeness. Assists physicians/providers with chart completion by providing appropriate medical record, responding to questions regarding regulations related to the provision of documentation and updating the deficiency system.
• Responsible to compile and analyze chart deficiencies weekly and notify physician(s) of aging of deficiencies. Responsible to determine appropriate notification based upon type of deficiency and aging. In accordance with goverance outlined in the Medical Staff rules and regulations and policies, determines which physicians are placed on suspension based upon number and type of deficiencies and notifies Medical Staff Office and other departments (i.e., Admitting, Patient Financial Services, etc.).
High school graduate
• 1 year of work experience in a hospital, physician clinic
or other related medical area, preferred
• Six months of SBC or prior medical records experience
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyomin
g and the western Dakotas. A
not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the princ
iples of Equal Employment Oppo
rtunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.