Billings Clinic Home Care Respiratory Therapist in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Home Care Respiratory Therapist
HOME OXYGEN AND DME (BILLINGS CLINIC HOME OXYGEN 2)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.80 = 64 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 25.68 - 30.17
The incumbent in this position is responsible for patient/client assessment and matching the proper and most efficacious equipment (DME) to meet the needs of all home care patient/clients who are referred to the home oxygen and durable medical equipment service. Consults with physicians, nurses, and members of the health care team regarding patient/client related care, sales and services as needed. Provides patient/client assessment and care. Assesses the home environment and the patient/client’s ability to deal with the specific equipment used and train them accordingly. Effectively implements therapies and applies equipment knowledge for any given scenario to meet patient/client needs. Responsible for documentation of all therapy, training, and follow up performed.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs the following respiratory care functions:• Instructs, administers, and monitors respiratory care services and treatments to patients/clients. • Recognizes and reports any unusual reactions to treatment, contraindications to treatment or inappropriate use of therapy or equipment. • Checks and maintains respiratory therapy equipment in use by patient/client to ensure proper function and correct use by patient/client. • Maintains and records patient/client treatments on patient/client chart, in department records, and in appropriate computer databases. • Cleans, disinfects and reassembles equipment. • Accurately assesses patient/client status and suggest appropriate therapeutic/equipment interventions.
• Initiates, monitors and makes necessary changes based on physician orders for home care equipment ventilators.
• Provides support and assistance in hospital and will be required to rotate through a Home Oxygen/DME on-call schedule.
• May perform in home diagnostic testing including pulmonary function and sleep disorder testing.
• Conducts educational sessions for department and ancillary departments as necessary, as well as patient/clients, families and caregivers.
• Considers the appropriateness of care based on the age of the patient/client.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality of service. May participate in the service Quality Improvement program.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all system/departmental requirements.
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of current trends and techniques in the field of respiratory care, especially home care.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate of an AMA approved school for Respiratory Care
• Prior home care and DME experience, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified in Basic Life Support
• Current Montana and Wyoming RCP license
• Registry-eligible by the National Board for Respiratory Care Within 6 months of hire
OR a combination of Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) and Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) At hire
• Member of the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) and MSRC (Montana Society for Respiratory Care), preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.