St. John's Lutheran Ministries Hospice LPN in Billings, Montana
PT or FT Hospice RN - Monday - Friday, 8am - 5:00pm plus on call duties as assigned
Assist the Registered Nurse in carrying out the hospice interdisciplinary plan of care by providing compassionate, palliative nursing care services. Communicate with the interdisciplinary team members, and accurately document care provided.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Provide services in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and regulations that define scope of practice
- Prepare the clinical and progress notes documenting outcomes of interventions
- Assist the RN and/or physician in performing specialized duties related to end-of-life care
- Assist the RN in carrying out the plan of care
- Prepare equipment and materials for treatment adhering to aseptic technique as required
- Assistant the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques
- Assess patient/family response to care
- Ensure communication of information to appropriate team members
On-call duties as assigned ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Safety:
Obeys safety rules of St. John’s Lutheran Ministries
- Identifies, reports, and/or corrects obvious safety hazards
Attends mandatory safety in-services ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Mission/Customer Service:
Supports the growth and actively engages in the Eden Alternative philosophy, including a work environment with plants and animals.
- Follows the St. John’s Guidelines for Customer Service
- Let the Mission be your guide
- Make eye contact and smile
- Greet and welcome each and every person
- Seek out personal contact
- Provide immediate service-listen and act
- Use appropriate body language at all times
Be gracious to each and every person ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Employee Responsibilities:
Follows policy and procedures on TB testing.
- Follows policy and procedures on annual influenza vaccinations.
- Attends all mandatory in-services REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Requirements: Licensed Practical Nurse, currently holding an unencumbered license to practice in the state. Current CPR certification (Basic Life Support).
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- One year of nursing experience, preferably in Hospice, Home Health, or a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Basic computer literacy with experience in Windows-based programs preferred.
- Must possess strong oral and verbal communication skills, leadership ability, emotional stability, flexibility, and high professional standards of care.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Motor Vehicle Driving Record satisfactory to the Agency and its insurance providers
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance