Montana State University Billings Instrumentation and Electrical / PTEC / PPT Instructor in Billings, Montana
Under the supervision of the City College Dean and Department Chair, this position provides instruction for students in the Instrumentation and Electrical Technician program and Process Plant Technology program at City College. The position provides support as needed to City College as a whole including, but not limited to:
• Provide instruction to students in the Instrumentation and Electrical Technician and Process Plant Technology programs.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies.
• Maintain a safe laboratory environment and culture.
• Provide academic advising to program students.
• Serve on college / university committees.
Required Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Associate Degree in a closely related field such as Instrumentation and Electrical Technology, Electrical Engineering, Process Plant Technology, or Chemical Engineering OR Five years of work experience directly related to industrial instrumentation or the operation of a process plant such as I&E field technician, supervision of I&E field technicians, process operator, or process operations supervisor.
• Background and training to deliver high quality instruction for at least 80% of the following courses:
o Introduction to industrial power systems
o Instrumentation and controls
o Process plant safety
o Boiler operation
o Fundamentals of energy technicians
o AC/DC electronics
o Digital electronics
o Motor controls
o Programmable logic controllers
o Quality control
o Process diagrams
Preferred Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Experience as an educator or trainer including assessment of learning outcomes, in person and online delivery of course content, use of learning management systems for course delivery, and curriculum development.
• OSHA training credential.
• Boiler license.
• Experience as a HazMat trainer.