Billings Clinic IT Project Manager - Regional in Billings, Montana
c="/clientimg/billingsclinic/jobAdUploads/download.png" alt="" style="">
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all f
time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Exc
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
IT Project Manager
PMO / OPERATIONS - 8732 (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period:
1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Salary DOE:
$35.79 - $44.74
The Billings Clinic IT Project Management Office (PMO) and the IT Project Managers play central roles in much of the activity within the Information Technology department. Managing IT projects from concept through
deployment with coor
dination and leadership in many operational activities such as services, implementations, strategy and that are part of our agile development methodology. The IT Project Manager is a versatile role at Billings Clinic that designs and supports intelligent processes and technology to empower talented people to transform healthcare. This position leads the project team, product owners and the business stakeholders within the framework of approved PMO projects to create Information Technology solutions in support of Billings Clinic IT strategies. The IT Project Manager works with the portfolio owners in the PMO IT Committee department to fulfill business analysis functions including the gathering and documentation of business requirements, user st
ories and develop user mockups and designs. This position also performs the development and implementation of system documentation and system training for staff.
e="3">Essential Job Functions
• Provide technical project management to various Billings Clinic’s business areas, managing the entire lifecycle of the project from business case development to design, build, QA and deployment.
• Manage technology projects within project budget, scope, and timelines while adhering to the business and technical requirements. Also responsible for the ultimate quality of the technical solution along with the rest of the project team.
• Work within the Billings Clinic (PMO) structure to deliver against a prioritized project portfolio. Effective and timely communication
to project team members,
peers, stakeholders and management on project s
tatus, accomplishments, tasks, issues and risks to the project.
• In rotation with other IT Project Managers, coordinate operational activities within the IT department associated with Billings Clinic’s agile development methodology.
• Act as primary liaison with external consultants and external service providers when needed within the context of a project, including contract negotiations, invoice review and approval and coordination of all meetings, status updates, discussions of project risks, etc.
x2022; Develop processes, procedures & documentation to be used by staff for information & technology developed within IT projects at Billings Clinic.
• Provide feedback and insight on the Billings Clinic PMO methodology to form a continuous improvement feedback loop to ensure that Billings Clinic is adapting its processes, procedures and structure to be as effective as possible.
• Work with Portfolio Owners to perform business analyst functions such as develop user needs, requirements gathering, and create workflow diagrams while managing technology projects.
• Occasionally provide project management services to Billings Clinic business stakeholders who have project needs that do not involve Information Technology.
• Occasionally assist with QA and testing efforts as needed
• 4 Year Bachelors Degree in a related field
• 3 Years of experience in managing projects. Must be able to manage multiple projects from start to finish, concurrently with little to no supervision.
• 3 Years of project management experience with Enterprise-wide business systems implementation.
Certifications and Licenses
• Current certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
• Experience as a business analyst or business systems analyst is preferred.
in healthcare as a business ana
lyst or business systems analyst is preferred
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billi
ngs, Montana. Learn more at f="https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/">www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and
welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do.
As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to
achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All
employees and job applicants will be provide
d the same treatment in all aspects
of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family
status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability.
To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective
employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the