Billings Clinic Maintenance Engineer II in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Maintenance Engineer II
BCB FACILITY SERVICES - 8650 (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours(Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $19.58 - $23.50
Responsible for providing preventative maintenance on all systems equipment, fire alarm systems, HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, life safety systems, beds, scales and cosmetic repairs of hardware and structures. Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems. Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and orders parts and supplies.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment using hand and power tools and precision-measuring and testing.
• Performs miscellaneous repairs.
• Member of STAT team, emergency response team and disaster team.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Additional Lead Responsibilities
• Assists and supports management in coordinating day to day operational needs. Responsible for providing direction while overseeing activities associated with the day-to-day operations including problem resolution. Responsibilities include directing the workforce and scheduling of staff to meet business needs.
• Acts as a resource to staff responding to procedural questions and assistance with problem resolution.
• Provides orientation and training for new staff and provides ongoing training/education needs for existing staff.
• May participate in and provide input and feedback into interviewing, hiring, performance appraisal and disciplinary processes.
• Participates in ensuring compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards.
• Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics for repairs to building equipment and structure
• Proficient knowledge of the safe operation of all tools used in the performance of duties
• Proficient knowledge of regulatory requirements governing fire alarm systems, HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, life safety systems and building repairs
• Proficient knowledge of Billings Clinic policies and procedures related to emergency or disasters
High school graduate or equivalent
Two (2) years of progressively more responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain knowledge of equipment repair and to be able to trouble shoot and diagnosis a wide variety of mechanical equipment and machinery problems.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.