City of Billings MAINTENANCE WORKER - LANDFILL in Billings, Montana
Public Works Solid Waste
April 30, 2021 2:30 PM
Open Until Filled
Public Works Solid Waste ◄ Back to All Categories (Jobs.aspx) MAINTENANCE WORKER - LANDFILL
The Maintenance Worker performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and equipment operation duties involved in solid waste collection, container maintenance, vehicle maintenance, and landfill operations. Performs a variety of physical movements and lifts 75 lbs. Work environment includes exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors, dust, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, explosive materials, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards. Must have the ability to travel to different sites and have the ability to perform shift work. Successful applicant must have the ability to read and understand electronic route program utilized by the department.
Salary: $17.83 per hour plus benefits
Standard Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Days of Work: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, work schedules and assignments could vary based on operational needs.
• High School diploma or GED
• Two years of related work experience performing field maintenance and equipment operation duties
• Possession of a State of Montana Class B Type 2 commercial driver’s license with air brake endorsement or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
• Knowledge of solid waste collection vehicle operation and landfill activities
Required Application Materials:
• City of Billings Application
Pre-employment drug testing is required.
The City of Billings application can be submitted online at www.billingsmt.gov or to City of Billings, Human Resources, at 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Apply online for this job.