City of Billings MAINTENANCE WORKER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - 3 POSITIONS in Billings, Montana
Public Works Distribution & Collection
January 12, 2022 1:07 PM
Open Until Filled
Public Works Distribution & Collection ◄ Back to All Categories (Jobs.aspx) MAINTENANCE WORKER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - 3 POSITIONS
This full-time position performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and equipment operation duties involved in water and wastewater system maintenance. Incumbent is usually supervised while performing maintenance duties as well as operating a full range of small, medium and heavy equipment used in the accomplishment of such work. Must be able to perform heavy manual labor (lifting 75 lbs.), work in adverse weather, and exposure to various job hazards (chemical, electrical, mechanical, traffic, etc.).
Standard hours are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Position is subject to call-out.
Compensation:Salary at hiring will be dependent upon the applicant’s experience (the salary range shown reflects steps 1 and 6 of a 7-step pay scale). Applicants starting as a Maintenance Worker typically advance to an Equipment Operator, step 2 at their 1-year anniversary. Step increases are awarded annually until the highest step is achieved, additional longevity pay is earned based on years of service and COLA increases are provided based on the negotiated Union contract each July. Exceptional benefits are provided including health/life insurance, retirement plan with generous employer contributions, sick leave, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 personal days per year and 3 weeks’ vacation leave per year. Vacation accruals begin immediately, increase with longevity and are available to use after your first 6 months on the job.
• Maintenance Worker: $18.37 - $23.44/hour
• Equipment Operator/Maintenance Worker: $19.70 - $25.12/hour
Minimum Qualifications for Maintenance Worker:
• Two (2) years of related work experience in construction & maintenance work including one (1) year of experience operating light and medium equipment
• A valid Montana Class A, Type I Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and tanker endorsement or the ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of employment
Minimum Qualifications for Equipment Operator/Maintenance Worker:
• Three (3) years of related work experience in construction & maintenance work including two (2) years of experience operating light and medium equipment
• Possession of a State of Montana, Class A, Type 1 Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and tanker endorsement
Preferred Qualifications for Maintenance Worker and Equipment Operator/Maintenance Worker:
• High school diploma or GED
• City of Billings Application (required)
• Resume (required)
• Letter of Interest (preferred)
All City of Billings positions are subject to pre-employment drug testing.
The City of Billings application and supporting documents can be submitted online at www.billingsmt.govor to City of Billings, Human Resources, 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Apply on-line for this position.