Billings Clinic Medical Assistant II (.01) - Behavioral Health Clinic in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Medical Assistant II (.01) - Behavioral Health Clinic
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CLINIC (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $15.00
Under general supervision, assists in the delivery of patient care/treatment and provides clerical and administrative support. Works collaboratively with the Physician, Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), RN, LPN, and other departmental personnel to meet the physical, psychosocial, educational, and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Prepares room, equipment and supplies as dictated by a particular examination, patient’s needs, and Billings Clinic exam and procedure room cleaning guidelines.
• Assists with patient scheduling of appointments, diagnostic tests, treatments, procedures, and surgery. May assist with registration and/or collection of co-pays.
• Screens incoming telephone calls for appropriate referrals to nurse, physician and/or APP.
• Orders and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment as directed.
• Maintains patient files, records and other information. Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
• Compiles statistical data for reports as directed.
• Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
• Receives and prepares patient for examination and treatment as directed. Obtains and records history and vital signs. May assist in preparing for minor procedures and physical exams. Charts and documents in medical record. Collects and appropriately labels laboratory specimens as needed per organization and department standards.
• Cleans and disinfects equipment per Billings Clinic infection control guidelines.
• May administer various vaccines per department standards/needs and individual employee leveling grid.
• Provides instruction to patients as directed by physician, APP or as documented in department policies and procedures.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• High School or GED
• Preferred graduate of a formal medical assistant program
• Preferred six (6) months related work experience in a health care environment.
• A minimum of six months as a level 1
Certifications and Licenses
• Certified/Registered Medical Assistant required
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.