Billings Clinic Ophthalmic Technician in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
OPHTHALMOLOGY (BILLINGS CLINIC CLINIC)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 19.16 - 22.51
The Ophthalmic Technologist is responsible for providing collaborative medical support to the ophthalmology providers .
Essential Job Functions
• Receives and prepares patients for the physician visit including taking medical history, checking and recording visual acuity and recording vital signs. Charts and documents in medical record per protocol.
• Performs technical testing to include but not limited to Lensometry, Keratometry, Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT), Visual Fields, Potential Acuity Meter, Tonometry and A-Scans. Performs basic maintenance and cleaning for various testing equipment.
• May be expected to do contact lens insertion and removal training.
• Answer multi-line departmental telephones and triages calls. Provides instructions to patients based on developed parameters. Triages calls to appropriate provider and/or department.
• Schedules appointments, surgeries and procedures.
• Orders supplies and contact lenses and maintains adequate inventory. Coordinates billing and return merchandise documentation/records.
• Maintains and stocks exam rooms, testing areas, and supply areas.
• Prepares and sets up rooms for minor procedures and assists the physician as needed. Follows sterile technique and cleans and disinfects instruments per Billings Clinic guidelines.
• Documents and records information in the medical record according to established procedures. Completes information and insurance forms as required. Reconciles patient medications at each patient visit.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies need and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• High School or GED
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.