Cogent, Inc. Order Coordinator in Billings, Montana
About the OrganizationCogent is a growing, midwest company that provides creative and innovative fluid processing solutions. Our companies include Automatic Engineering, BRI, Fluid Equipment, Lee Mathews, Industrial Measurement and Control, iME Solutions, Vanco, Vandevanter Engineering, Velocity and Water Technology Group. Cogent companies are committed to providing compelling, pertinent and logical solutions while serving the local Industrial, Municipal, Commercial Building Trades, Oil & Gas markets. Our people make the difference. Our shared values define us as a team and bring our vision to life. We are an employee-owned business where more than 200 employee-owners expect their teammates to work hard, be creative, and get engaged and together we build our future and share in the outcome!
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Are you looking for a company that knows you by name? Are you interested in understanding and taking part in an employee-owned company? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and wish to work where that is appreciated? Do you have a willingness to learn in a healthy environment and chase your vocation? If so, we may have a spot on our team for you!
Cogent is currently looking for a bright, self-driven individual to help run the inside workings of our Billings, MT Service Center. This position will be responsible for the coordination of the entire order process from beginning to end. This position plays an integral part in the overall operation of the sales and service department.
Essential duties of this position are:
• Prepares and distributes timely sales and service estimates.
• Follows up on specified sales and service estimates to uphold an acceptable quote closure ratio.
• Responsible for the procurement of all parts, equipment, and tools needed for each job.
• Utilizes the support and coordinates the work of the sales and service departments to ensure each order is managed with excellence.
• Monitors quality from project planning through order completion.
• Processes warranties and returns to vendors in a timely manner.
• Develops and maintains solid relationships with customers both internal and external.
Qualified candidates should have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
• Associate’s degree or Vocational degree in Mechanics, Industrial Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience.
• Three years minimum experience in construction management, project management or equivalent.
• Ability to perform tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to elicit cooperation and defuse tension, if necessary in a customer service environment.
• Knowledge of purchasing and sales techniques.
• Excellent project management skills; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and phone etiquette skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel.
• Proficiency in P21 or other accounting/scheduling software programs.
• Physical requirements of this position are:
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to operate forklifts.
Other items of importance:
• The position is 80% office environment, 20% shop.
• Overtime, without prior notice, may be required.
• Travel may be required for training purposes.
Creative, entrepreneurial and industrious people are Cogent’s most valuable asset. We value our employee’s hard work and in return provide competitive wages, benefits, career growth opportunities, and employee ownership. To begin your rewarding career with Cogent, apply today!
EOE StatementCogent, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.