Billings Clinic Orthopedics Office Sports Medicine Associate in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Orthopedics Office Sports Medicine Associate
ORTHOPEDICS (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Schedule: M-5, 8-5
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Exempt)
The incumbent in this position is responsible for marketing and providing athletic training services and/or strength and conditioning services. Athletic training services and/or strength and conditioning services will be provided to schools, athletic programs, community events and individuals. The incumbent will be responsible to perform marketing functions for the Sports Medicine area and will assist management and physicians in identifying current and future needs.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Promotes and markets Billings Clinic Sports Medicine Center services within the service region. (Project Management, Marketing, Promotes Dept. Services)
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with current or potential clients, develops data on each, keeps informed on their requirements and provides information on new or enhanced services. (Patient Care, Sports Med, Client Relationship)
• Ascertains current and future needs of existing customers to ensure satisfaction with current services. Works collaboratively with Sports Medicine Center staff to resolve issues or concerns. Provides feedback and recommendations to Manager and physicians. (Patient Care, Sports Med, Customer Needs)
• Provides athletic training services and/or strength and conditioning services to schools, athletic programs, community events and individuals. (Patient Care, Sports Med , Athletic Training Services)
• Would only be performed if within the scope of practice of an individual’s certification Recognizes and evaluates athletic injuries and determines appropriate emergency care for the injured athlete; determines proper treatment and/or reconditioning programs for injured athletes within established guidelines. (Patient Care, Sports Med, Athletic Injury Assessment)
• Would only be performed if within the scope of practice of an individual’s certification Maintains a record system for all athletic injuries and treatments. (HIM, Patient Chart, Documents in Patient Record)
• Assists as necessary in the Rehabilitation Department of the Sports Medicine Center. (Patient Care, Sports Med, Department Assistance)
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s/resident’s rights
• Regulatory requirements and standards (i.e., JCAHO, OSHA, etc.)
• Health care trends
• Athletic injury prevention, treatment and reconditioning techniques
• Strength and conditioning program design specific to individuals and/or groups
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel & PowerPoint), preferred
• Developing and maintaining databases and spreadsheets
• Time management, organization and prioritization
• Conflict resolution
• Conditioning, injury prevention, emergency aid management
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Operate required equipment
• Respond calmly and professionally in emergent situations
• Resourcefulness in dealing with urgent/emergent situations
• Practices within scope of a Certified Athletic Trainer
• Moderate complexity in prioritizing workload
- Bachelor’s Degree in athletic training or equivalent and/or Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Marketing experience, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certified or eligible for certification within one year of employment
Current Montana drivers license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicle
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.