Billings Clinic Patient Access Specialist - Surgery Center (1.0 FTE) in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Patient Access Specialist - Surgery Center (1.0 FTE)
SURGERY CENTER (BILLINGS CLINIC SURGERY CENTER)
Shift: Day, Evening
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $17.00 - $21.25
Patient Access Specialists are instrumental in ensuring the efficient and effective flow of patient access needs as well as initiating the revenue cycle throughout Billings Clinic. Responsible for providing excellence in customer service by greeting, registering and gathering appropriate information for clinical, patient financial services, regulatory and meaningful use. Included are appropriate demographic and insurance information, scheduling appointments, collection of co-payments and self-pay deposits and posting payments into the billing system. Position must fully understand the ramifications and impacts of incomplete or inaccurate information as it relates to clinical staff and the revenue cycle.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Responsible for patients’ and guests first impressions of Billings Clinic and clinical departments. Using best practices in customer service by greeting patients, identifying and entering accurate patient specific information to include demographics, guarantor information, subscriber and insurance information. Responsible for initiating the revenue cycle for timely billing and possible insurance follow up.
• Competently and courteously educates patients about various forms that may require their signature. Forms may include but not be limited to the following.
• Conditions of Service COS, Notice to Medicare Beneficiaries on Provider Based literature, Notice of Privacy Practices NOPP
• Patients’ Rights, Minor Consent
• Notice of Plan Limitations, Medicaid Passport Notification of Responsibility
• Motor Vehicle Accident patient screening
• My Billings Clinic, Workers Compensation, System Downtime
• Validates insurance(s) using IntelliSource and analyzes electronic responses ensuring appropriate set-ups, which may be dependent upon State where services are to be rendered.
• Coordinates with patients, internal and external providers, nursing staff to ensure Medicaid Passport authorizations are obtained and entered.
• Schedules and coordinates appointments in a manner that meets the patient’s needs and each individual provider’s scheduling protocols for the various appointment types, lengths of appointments and any pre-appointment requirements. May instruct patients on specific preparations and/or restrictions necessary to prepare for ancillary procedures as defined by clinical protocols.
• Provides in-person marketing for Billings Clinic’s patient portal. Explains functionality of the portal and sends electronic invitations to patients for access and establishment of their connection. Should understand that portal sign-up and usage is directly tied to Billings Clinic’s ability to receive additional Government funding.
• Initiates collection of copayments and deposits in accordance with each patient’s individual insurance or self-pay requirements. • Accepts cash, checks and credit cards and payroll deductions. Accepts payments on accounts. Maintains operating cash and collections and balancing to on-line records, daily.
• Posts all payments directly onto patients’ accounts within the revenue cycle system. Ensures payment to Billings Clinic for credit and debit card transactions by obtaining electronic authorizations at the time of payment collection.
• May schedule ancillary services. May instruct patients on specific preparations and/or restrictions necessary to prepare for ancillary procedures. May involve other departments as needed for regulatory requirements.
• Reviews and analyzes AccuReg edits and completes corrections in accordance with AccuReg worklists daily.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Additional Essential Functions for Level II (all of the above, plus)
• Cross trained to work in 3 areas including primary work site. Works in cross trained area at least once per quarter for a 6-8hour shift.
• Provides orientation/training and preceptor mentoring for all new and current department staff. Serves as a resource and role model in implementation of professional practice.
Additional Essential Functions for Level III (all of the above, plus #14, plus)
• Cross trained to work in 4 areas including primary work site. Works in cross trained area at least once per quarter for a 6-8hour shift.
• 16 years of age or older
• Preferred High School diploma or equivalent
• Some college or healthcare focused classes preferred such as medical terminology, medical office practices, etc.
• 1 year of customer service experience; healthcare preferred
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.