Billings Clinic Phlebotomist I 0.9 FTE in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2022 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2022%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Phlebotomist I 0.9 FTE
LAB-PHLEBOTOMY & OTHER (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Weekends, Nights
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.90 = 72 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage: $15.00
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for collecting and preparing specimens for laboratory analysis.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Collects and prepares patient specimens to include blood, urine, sputum, and cultures. Coordinate specimen collection with physicians and/or nursing staff when draws must be taken from patients with central lines, groshong catheters and IV assisted draws.
• Adhere to established guidelines and procedures for accurate patient and specimen identification, identifying non-compliance situations and take the necessary steps to bring situation into compliance.
• Utilize computerized systems to enter laboratory orders, patient charges, generate reports, answer inquiries and resolve problems.
• Coordinate with physicians, nursing staff and other health care providers for clarification of orders, laboratory tests available, test result turn around times, and for coordination of laboratory special procedures involving other health care providers.
• Refers questions regarding types of tests being performed and other aspects of care to the appropriate health care provider. Provides instructions to patients regarding specimen collection to be completed in the home environment. Coordinate with patients and physicians regarding collection errors and initiate appropriate follow-up measures to correct errors.
• Provide back up to laboratory client services position on days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays and as needed. Duties include answering phones, requisition entry, routing patient orders, e.g., add-on orders, and preparation of specimens for testing.
• Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and a neat, orderly and clean work area.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
· High School or GED
· CPR (BLS) within 30 days of employment
· Current Montana driver’s license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicles
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.