Amazon Corporate LLC Principal Mainframe Modernization Architect in Billings, Montana
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. The Application Migration, Modernization & Management (AM3) Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, AM3 helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape, execute and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
In this role as an experienced mainframe modernization cloud architect, you will assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
We are looking for hands on Architects who are passionate about:
* Technical Architects with extensive knowledge in legacy modernization techniques related tools and approaches
* Designing AWS architectures which meet or exceed the requirements of workloads coming from mainframe and legacy infrastructures
* Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
* Architecting, developing and modernizing customer applications/systems to be cloud optimized
* Working as a technical advisor alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
* Advising and implementing AWS best practices
* Agile software development and DevOps
* Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
What will you be doing?
* Representing AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
* Managing and delivering enterprise IT solutions/services and to define and execute successful project controls on large-scale projects.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
* 10+ years of hands-on technical experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM
* 10+ years of experience designing architectures for enterprise systems
* 10+ years of experience designing and deploying software and middleware solutions used in Enterprise customer environments
* 5+ years of experience in a technical architect role migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud
* 5+ years of experience integrating mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems with distributed Linux-based or Windows-based x86 servers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.