Billings Clinic Receptionist (0.5) in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
PSYCH SUPPORT SERVICES (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evening, Weekends
Employment Status: Part-Time (.5 - .74)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.50 = 40 hours(Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $12.54 - $15.05
The incumbent in this position serves as the receptionist for the Psychiatric Center. Responsibilities include greeting patients, visitors and health care providers, handling all incoming calls, directing and controlling patient/visitor flow, creation and maintenance of patient census information and mail distribution. Must function as effective link between Billings Clinic and patients, referral sources and other departments.
Essential Job Functions
• Greets patients and visitors in a timely manner directing them to the appropriate areas. Monitors access to building, ensuring security and accessibility. Closely monitors doors during STAT or Show of Force situations. Monitors pneumatic tube system for incoming information and documents.
• Responds appropriately to requests for information according to established polices and procedures and assuring patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Answers all incoming telephone calls on a multi-line system with four rings. Appropriately addresses the purpose of each call. Makes decisions rapidly and calmly using good judgment. Follows up with callers as needed.
• Performs a variety of clerical support tasks including but not limited to completion of opening/closing duty checklists, distribution of computer reports, doctors cards, staff and patient correspondence, maintains patient census information, maintains adequate suppli es of mental health brochures, maintains an inventory of supplies, anticipating shortages and generating orders as appropriate for all DPC staff.
• Types correspondence, reports and other projects to include minutes, memos, letters and after care plans for discharged patients. Provides backup support for the secretarial positions.
• Responsible for management of two petty cash funds, reconciles accounts and ensures accuracy of funds and distributions, monitors cash flow to ensure adequate funds are available at all times.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
High school diploma or equivalent
Completion of college courses or formal secretarial courses, preferred
One year of experience in a customer service/administrative role, preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.