Billings Clinic RN - Cardiology Heart Failure Specialist (1.0 FTE) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2022 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2022%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
RN - Cardiology Heart Failure Specialist (1.0 FTE)
CARDIOLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $32.77- $40.43
May be eligible for $20,000 sign on bonus
Relocation assistance available
Tuition Loan Repayment available
The incumbent in this position leads a complex, patient centered team- based approach to comprehensive heart failure care. The RN in this position will act as a primary case manager for a selected population of heart failure patients and work within a chronic disease management model of care. As the leader of this team- based patient care, the Heart Failure care specialist will assist patients through transitions of care and navigate patients through the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides daily heart failure education and care coordination of hospital inpatients in conjunction with the physician and advanced practice provider.
• Provides daily phone, tele-assurance, device and pressure sensor monitoring of heart failure weights and symptoms and intervenes appropriately.
• Provides daily education of ambulatory care HF patients on the phone, in the office and enrolls patient in program for closer monitoring, education reinforcement and medication optimization.
• Provides problem resolution for patients and families calling into the office for assist with education, symptom management and care coordination. Promote removal of barriers to care and adherence to recommended treatment plan of care.
• Collaborates with other health care providers in developing, implementing and evaluating heart failure plan of care for patients and their families.
• Daily review of patient assessment findings and intervening appropriately up to and including IV diuretic administration in the office to prevent hospitalization and reduce morbidity and mortality.
• 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
• Heart Failure experience or equivalent of 2 years of cardiovascular, critical care, ambulatory care or chronic disease management care experience.
Licensures and Certifications
• Current Montana license as a Registered Nurse
• Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required at hire
• ACLS certification Within 1 year of hire
• Heart Failure Nurse certification within 3 years of hire.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered. Employees that require a licensed or certification must be properly licensed/certified and the licensure/certification must be in good standing.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.