Billings Clinic RN Cardiology in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
CARDIOLOGY (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $24.39 - $31.34
The nurses in the Cardiology Department will be responsible for applying evidence-based nursing practice to the care of patients over the course of their lifespan. This involves the integration of education and research into the practice through the application of standards and guidelines. Data collection and assessment are used to establish goals and priorities in accordance with patient care, staff needs, and organizational objectives. Nurses are accountable for the quality of care rendered.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service. Demonstrates positive, supportive, caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and others both internal and external to Billings Clinic.
• Utilizing a holistic approach incorporates the nursing process into the plan of care for the patient. Plan of care should include biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning.
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and documents family-centered cardiac care by promoting a safe and therapeutic environment for patient, family, significant others, and care providers. Care is consistent with Billings Clinic values/goals and Billings Clinic organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate corrective action.
• Maintains appropriate theoretical and clinical skills with application and patient relevance of commonly utilized equipment specific to the Cardiology Department and other areas as appropriate; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values and radiologic findings with disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Evaluates current nursing practices within the Cardiology Department to identify opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain or improve patient care while remaining fiscally sound.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains proficiency and knowledge within a rapidly changing environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the Cardiology department or organization.
-Minimum 2 Year Associate Degree Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
-Preferred 4 Year / Bachelors Degree BSN within 4 years of hire
-1 year previous Cardiac experience
Certifications and Licenses
-At hire Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification
-At hire Current ACLS certification or ability to complete within six months of employment
-Current Montana state license as a Registered Nurse
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.