Billings Clinic RN Electrophysiology in Billings, Montana
May be eligible for relocation assistance*
Interview travel can be arranged for qualified candidates
The incumbent in this position is responsible for coordination of the JBCC cardiac electrophysiology implant follow-up and event recording program. Performs implantable cardiac device interrogations to ensure cardiac implant equipment is functioning appropriately and FDA tracking requirements are met. Performs follow-up visits, remote monitoring, and non-routine evaluations. Performs patient assessment and arranges appropriate follow-up.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Coordinates scheduling of routine or emergent follow-up visits for post cardiac device implant patients with an implantable cardiac device.
• Performs implantable cardiac device interrogations at bedside, evaluating device function and diagnostic information, and coordination of care with provider.
• Coordinates the implantable cardiac device remote monitoring follow-up.. Reviews abnormal findings, performs patient phone triage, assesses patient's needs and coordinates with the appropriate physician and arranges follow-up. Oversees the training of staff for these programs.
&bu ll; Utilizing remote monitoring, records and interprets ECG transmissions. Evaluates cardiac rhythms as well as equipment status.
• Performs routine in-department implantable cardiac device interrogations evaluating device function and diagnostic information. Diagnose and document device abnormalities for physician review. Suggest and demonstrates solutions for problems found. Performs assessment and directs the patient to appropriate care as needed. Coordinates closely with physician regarding changes in patient condition or equipment status. Charts in the electronic medical record according to established procedures.
• Track implantable cardiac device FDA and company alert issues, assuring appropriate follow-up is done.
• Educates patients on implantable cardiac device and the use of the equipment for remote monitoring transmissions. Assists with troubleshooting problems or issues. Serves as a resource and patient advocate responding to questions and con cerns. Communicates and interprets physician's instructions to patients.
• Maintains patient education material for Electrophysiology procedures. Provides staff education regarding electrophysiology.
• Consideration will be given to the appropriateness of care based on the age of the patient.
• Coordinates with marketing representatives to provide feedback on equipment performance and assists in the evaluation of new products.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Additional Responsibilities for Level III (in addition to all above)
• Acts as a resource to TTM and processes (train the trainer), teach EP classes twice a year.
Administers advanced anti-tachy therapies.
Additional Responsibilities for Level IV (in addition to all above)
• Acts as a recourse for departments and houseside questions related to implantable cardiac devices.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing, within 4 years of hire
• Two years cardiology or critical care related experience
Certifications and Licenses
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification and ACLS Certification required at hire
• Current Montana and Wyoming license as a Registered Nurse at hire
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered