Billings Clinic RN, Hospital - Emergency Department (Per Diem_ in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
RN, Hospital - Emergency Department (Per Diem_
EMERGENCY DEPT SERVICES (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 28.64 - 36.99
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE, RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT, AND TUITION LOAN REPAYMENT.
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed
• plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes evidence based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient’s families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Regulatory standards (i.e., Joint Commission, OSHA, Patient Safety Standards, etc.)
• Computers and electronic applications
• Nursing practices, planning and assessment within scope of practice
• American Nurse’s Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
• Patient safety standards
• Interpersonal communication
• Collection and analysis of information to develop evidence-based plans of care related to specific interventions and goals.
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Utilize time management concepts and maximize time effectively
• Work effectively with interdisciplinary care team
• Give attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care, resolving patient/resident care problems and dealing with patients and their families, while working with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Respond calmly and professionally when dealing with difficult or emergency situations
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Lift, push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
• Resourcefulness in dealing with emergency situations
• May be required to work on varied nursing units for varying periods of time
• Practices within the scope of RN licensure
• 2 Year / Associates Degree (ASN) - Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance
• Preferred - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree (BSN)
• At least one year of RN experience
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana state license as a registered nurse, or compact nursing license with ability to obtain a MT RN license within 90 days of hire date
• ACLS certification preferred or ability to successfully complete ACLS training within two years of hire
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.