Billings Clinic RN, Hospital - Intermediate Care Unit (IMC) (per diem) in Billings, Montana
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE, RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT, AND TUITION LOAN REPAYMENT.
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed
• plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes evidence based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
& bull; Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient's families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Regulatory standards (i.e., Joint Commission, OSHA, Patient Safety Standards, etc.)
• Computers and electronic applications
• Nursing practices, planning and assessment within scope of practice
• American Nurse's Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
• Patient safety standards
• Interpersonal communication
• Collection and analysis of information to develop evidence-based plans of care related to specific interventions and goals.
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Utilize time management concepts and maximize time effectively
• Work effectively with interdisciplinary care t eam
• Give attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care, resolving patient/resident care problems and dealing with patients and their families, while working with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Respond calmly and professionally when dealing with difficult or emergency situations
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Lift, push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
• Resourcefulness in dealing with emergency situations
• May be required to work on varied nursing units for varying periods of time
• Practices within the scope of RN licensure
• 2 Year / Associates Degree (ASN) - Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance
• Preferred - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree (BSN)
• At least one year of RN experience
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana state license as a registered nurse, or compact nursing license with ability to obtain a MT RN license within 90 days of hire date
• ACLS certification preferred or ability to successfully complete ACLS training within two years of hire