Billings Clinic RN Hospital IP Cancer (0.9FTE) in BILLINGS, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
RN Hospital IP Cancer (0.9FTE)
I/P CANCER CARE (BILLINGS CLINIC HOSPITAL)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Schedule: 0700-1930, 1900-0730
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.90 = 72 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE, RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENT, AND TUITION LOAN REPAYMENT.
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
The Inpatient Cancer Care Unit (ICC) is a 26-bed Medical/Surgical/Oncology unit. Our unit provides care to adults in various stages of their cancer diagnosis; this includes pre/post surgical procedures, administering chemotherapy, symptom management from chemotherapy, and pain management. Other oncology patients include gynecology/oncology patients. Our unit also cares for general medical/surgical patients such as CHF, COPD, Diabetes, various pre & post-op patients, as well as palliative care and end of life care.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed
• plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes evidence based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient’s families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient.
• 2 Year / Associates Degree (ASN) - Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance
• Preferred - 4 Year / Bachelors Degree (BSN)
• At least one year of RN experience
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana state license as a registered nurse, or compact nursing license with ability to obtain a MT RN license within 90 days of hire date
Other Minimum Qualifications
• Inpatient Cancer Care
Experience in Oncology, preferred. Current Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy Biotherapy Provider Card required or willing to obtain within eighteen (18) months of hire. OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) preferred or willing to obtain within four (4) years of hire.
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years after their hire date. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.