Billings Clinic RN - Sameday Care (Urgent Care) in Billings, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
RN - Sameday Care (Urgent Care)
SAMEDAY CARE (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: 25.68 - 32.23
Same Day Urgent Care Clinic caring for patients of all ages with varying acuity and healthcare needs. Fast paced environment where teamwork and collaboration are a necessity. This position requires excellent customer service skills and multitasking. The RN will triage patients, complete intake, perform various nursing tasks, and collaborate with providers to provide excellent patient care.
The incumbent for this position will be responsible for applying in-depth knowledge, competencies, and skills within the SameDay Care Department. Will also establish goals and priorities in accordance with patient care needs, staff needs, and organizational objectives, and in accordance with age appropriate care criteria for urgent care/emergency department services ranging in age from infant through geriatric.
Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service. Demonstrates positive, supportive, caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and others both internal and external to Billings Clinic.
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidenced based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the plan of care for the patient. Plan of care should include biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning. (Patient Care, Nursing, Plan of Care)
• Evaluates patient’s status via phone and in office setting. Advises patient appropriately. (Patient Care, Nursing, Triage)
• Demonstrates positive, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and others. core
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and documents safe therapeutic patient centered care consisted with Billings Clinic values, goals and departmental policies and procedures. (Patient Care, Nursing, Patient Care)
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate corrective action. core
• Maintains appropriate theoretical and clinical skills with application and patient relevance of commonly utilized equipment specific to the SameDay Care Department and other areas as appropriate; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values and radiologic findings with disease process or physiological status. (Patient Care, Nursing, Maintains Clinical Skills)
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Evaluates current nursing practices within the SameDay Care Department to identify opportunities for modification that would enhance professional practice, maintain or improve patient care while remaining fiscally sound. core
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains proficiency and knowledge within a rapidly changing environment. core
• Incorporates the 14 forces of Magnetism in transforming the work environments and for enhancing quality of nursing care. (Patient Care, Nursing, Magnet)
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the Same Day Care Department, or organization.
Education Certifications and Licenses
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance. Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability. • Billings Clinic policy and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
• Personal computers, hardware and software & printers
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Patient’s rights
• Patient safety standards
• Regulatory requirements and standards (Joint Commission, OSHA, etc.)
• Nursing theory and practice to assess, evaluate and provide quality patient care
• Infection control and safety practices and procedures
• All CMS required immunizations and proper administration
• RN, LPN, CMA and MA scope of practice
• Professional interpersonal communication and interviewing skills
• Advanced nursing assessments and procedures, including assessment of patient learning needs
• Analytical skills necessary in order to coordinate and implement effective evidence-based nursing care and to develop solutions to problems concerning patients’ mental or physical well-being
• Working effectively with nursing, allied health and medical personal of all levels and disciplines
• Conflict resolution
• Critical thinking skills necessary to triage and prioritize accordingly
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to instruct and comfort patients and their families and maintain effective contacts with a variety of clinic and hospital personnel and physicians
• Venipuncture, IV placement, accessing central lines, drawing blood and medication administration
• Obtaining EKG’s and basic rhythm interpretation
• Catheter insertion
• Basic wound care knowledge and dressing changes
• Assessment of suture, staples and removal
• Proper use of DME equipment and applications
• Splinting application
• Assist provider with a variety of medical surgical procedures
• Competency with point of care ordering, testing, quality control measures
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups ranging from infants through geriatrics.
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Utilize time management concepts to maximize time effectively
• Concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care; resolving patient care problems and dealing with patients and their families, often during difficult or stressful situations
• Be resourceful in dealing with difficult or emergency situations
• Practices within the scope of a Registered Nurse.
• Serves as a resource to patients, families, and other health care provides as it relates to ambulatory and emergency services and related patient care. Accountable to provide clinically sound information.
• Proactively participates in Nurse Practice Committee, accreditation, MAGNET and other quality assurance and process improvement committees
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing,
• Current Montana state license as a Registered Nurse,
•CPR certification as Healthcare Provider required within 30 days of hire,
•Certification in ACLS and PALS within 1 year of employment if not already attained
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A EMPLOYMENT INCENTIVE