Billings Clinic RN - Surgery Center (Pre/Post Op - 1.0 FTE) in BILLINGS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
RN - Surgery Center (Pre/Post Op - 1.0 FTE)
SURGERY CENTER (BILLINGS CLINIC SURGERY CENTER)
Shift: 4 10-hour shifts, M-F
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE:
This position may be eligible for a sign-on incentive, tuition loan repayment, and relocation assistance
The successful Surgery Center RN will be an integral component in facilitating patient flow and throughput while maintaining high levels of quality care which are consistent with recognized national nursing standards, legal requirements and Surgery Center policies and procedures. Duties will encompass the operating room, pre -operative care or post-operative care to include both phase 1 and phase 2 recovery.
Essential Job Functions
• Directs all nursing activities relating to the procedures performed. Evaluates and completes assessment of patient needs to provide supportive care before, during and after surgery and maintains complete and accurate records. Recognizes and interprets symptoms indicative of changes in condition of patient. Communicates pertinent information to co-workers and works collaboratively with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout the patient’s experience.
• Assists in patient education during all phases of the patient’s experience. Ensures informed signed consents are completed prior to administration of sedation.
• Prepares all records pertaining to the procedure
• Maintains equipment and supplies to include cleaning and disinfection of equipment, operates and troubleshoots specialized equipment and patient monitoring equipment, anticipates and assists with maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and medications. Post procedure, assists with inventory control by proper count of supplies/time used. Directs and assists with the cleaning and restocking of operating rooms at the completion of assignments. Assists in crash cart maintenance and defibrillator checks
• Provides oversight and direction to other Surgery Center technical and ancillary personnel. Assists with orientation and training of new or existing staff members. Takes responsibility for identification of own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements. Participates with in-service opportunities and staff meetings.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance. Adheres to national patient safety standards and identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action to minimize or eliminate risks and maximize safety in the Surgery Center.
• Incorporates the 14 forces of Magnetism in transforming the work environments and for enhancing quality of nursing care.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the Surgery Center
• Pre/Post Op
• Accountable for administration of drugs, IV procedures and other therapeutic and diagnostic measures in a safe and accurate manner. Initiates orders, and follows anesthesia protocol.
• Will maintain ACLS
• Labels specimen containers in front of the patient and prepares specimens for the laboratory
• Operating Room
• Checks assignment for the day noting routine and special equipment/supplies needed for each procedure. Checks OR suite/procedure room for cleanliness and order damp dust rooms prior to usage. Assembles equipment and supplies needed for each procedure; checks equipment to ensure it is properly functioning. Arranges furniture and equipment in such a manner that all pieces are accessible for efficient work by the scrub tech, anesthesia and surgeon. Directs and assists with the cleaning and preparation of the operating/procedure room between cases. Assembles instruments, supplies and equipment for all cases.
• Observes sterile techniques in preparing for and assists with surgical procedures. Assists scrub tech by opening sterile packs and delivering necessary packets of materials; operates autoclaves for sterilization of necessary accessory items.
• Prepares the operative site by doing a surgical scrub to the operative area according to the surgeon’s preferences.
• Assists with transfer of patients to the operating/procedure room from pre-op, giving assistance to anesthesia and surgeons and helps transfer patients to recovery following procedures
• Assists scrub techs in dressing members of the operating team. Observes all members of the operating team for sterile practices, reports any breaks immediately and takes steps to correct any break in technique.
• Observes progress of the procedure and provides additional instruments, supplies or equipment as necessary.
• Labels specimen containers and prepares specimens for the laboratory.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelors degree in nursing is preferred
• One (1) year of operating room experience is desired in the OR
• Critical care experience preferred for PACU phase 1
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Montana state license as a registered nurse required
• CNOR and/or AORN professional affiliation preferred for the OR
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certificationre
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.