Billings Clinic RN URGENT CARE (Sameday Care Downtown) in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package
all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nu
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet?-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
meday Care Downtown)
SAMEDAY CARE (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Day, Evening, Weekends
Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period:
1.00 = 80 hours
Starting Wage DOE:
Same Day Urgent Care Clinic caring for patients of all ages with varying ac
uity and healthcare
needs. Fast paced environment where teamwork and collaboration are a necessity. This position requires excellent customer service skills and multitasking. The RN will triage patients, complete intake, perform various nursing tasks and collaborate with providers to provide excellent patient care.
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental, and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Utilizes a holistic approach and evidence-based nursing practices, supported by nursing research. Incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patient
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates/triages and documents safe patient care consistent with Billings Clinic and departmental values/goals, policies, and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic and departmental safety standards, policies, and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate departmental skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care. Incorporates the Magnet Model in transforming the work environment and quality of nursing care.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients and/or families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs
of the department/organizati
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Billings Clinic policies and procedures both organizational and departmental
• Billings Clinic Code of Business Conduct
• Billings Clinic Corporate Compliance Program
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Regulatory standards (i.e., Joint Commission, OSHA, Patient Safety Standards, etc.)
• Computers and electronic applications
• Nursing practices, planning and assessment within scope of practice
• American Nurse’s Association (ANA) Code of Ethics
Patient safety standards
• Interpersonal communication
• Collection and analysis of information to develop evidence-based plans of care related to specific interventions and goals.
• Incorporate population specific needs into all aspects of communication and patient care; scope of services provided will encompass age groups from infant through geriatric
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Utilize time management concepts or to maximize time effectively
• Work effectively with interdisciplinary care team
• Assure attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care, resolving patient/resident care problems, and dealing with patients and their families, while working with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Respond calmly and professionally when dealing with difficult or emergency situations
• Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
• Lift, push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
• Resourcefulness in dealing with emergency situations
• May be required to float to other clinic areas for varying periods of time
• Practices within the scope of Registered Nurse licensure
Graduate of a
n accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing within 4 year of hire
Certifications and Licenses
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification required
• Current Montana or Wyoming state license as a registered nurse required
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this
position must commit to completing their
Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-f
or-profit organization led by a physician CE
O, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and
welcoming employer, th
at strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in
all we do.
As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to
achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All
employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects
of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family
status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability.
To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective
employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the