Billings Clinic SECRETARY HOME OXYGEN DME in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
SECRETARY HOME OXYGEN DME
HOME OXYGEN AND DME (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Weekends
Schedule: M-F, 8AM -5PM, OCCASIONAL SATURDAY
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
Under general supervision, provides secretarial support for the Home Oxygen/DME Department, Clinical Coordinator and department staff. Greets walk-in customers and assists with simple equipment questions, problems and needs. Answers and directs incoming telephone calls. Performs word processing, database maintenance, and works with a variety of spreadsheets.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with the mission and philosophy of Billings Clinic and department/service.
• Performs secretarial and administrative duties for the Home Oxygen/DME staff including composing, drafting, and preparing correspondence/memorandums, and compiling a variety of reports. Creates and distributes reports and correspondence using word processing and spreadsheet programs as assigned. Assists management staff with special projects including data gathering, data analysis, and summary reporting.
• Receives and assists visitors and telephone callers, screens and prioritizes calls, assists visitor or caller whenever possible or directs to the appropriate individual or department as needed. Assists customers with inquiries, sales and equipment as able.
• Coordinates and maintains individual appointment calendars and schedules. Coordinates meeting arrangements including scheduling, agendas/notices, food service, handouts, and reports.
• Attends daily status meetings, tracks jobs and personnel assignments for day to ensure appropriate coordination, and prepares minutes or reports on actions and distributes as appropriate.
• Receives and processes incoming mail and correspondence. Responds to mail as appropriate or forwards to appropriate individual.
• Develops and maintains records and files in an organized manner. To include assisting the Clinical Coordinator in maintaining employee records, maintenance records, daily logs and patient summaries.
• Orders and maintains office supply inventory. Acts as a resource for various office equipment (i.e., printer, copier, fax, etc.).
• Investigates and coordinates resolution of non-routine problems. Refers more complex problems to the appropriate Manager for handling.
• Actively participates in the orientation and training of new or temporary staff.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory system/departmental requirements.
• Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization. Duties may include data entry, charge entry, insurance verification, or other patient accounting functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Policies and procedures, both organizational and departmental
• Code of Business Conduct
• Corporate Compliance Program
• Personal computers, hardware and software
• Medical terminology
• HIPAA and confidentiality requirements
• Office procedures including record keeping
• Multi-line telephone sets
• Customer service techniques and Personal Service Excellence (PSE) skills
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Developing and maintaining databases and spreadsheets
• Data gathering and analysis for compiling reports/information and project coordination
• Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
• Composing and editing business correspondence and reports
• Work independently
• Organization, prioritization, and time management
• Typing at 45-50 WPM with accuracy
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Work with frequent interruptions and competing priorities
• Perform basic mathematical calculations
• Exercise initiative and problem-solving
• Remain calm and professional in all situations at all times including dealing with angry or frustrated patients or customers
• Pay close attention to details when dealing with financial information which is critical to our customers and Billings Clinic
• Position requires high degree of integrity and confidentiality due to the confidential nature of information handled.
• Performs in an environment where problems are many and diverse. Specific problems require acute analysis and assessment for appropriate referral.
• Reports, correspondence and projects are often complex in content.
- High School or GED
- One year of secretarial experience with demonstrated skills and abilities
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.